Обсуждение: Install pgAudit extension

Install pgAudit extension

От
Dylan Luong

Hi

I need some advice on installing the pgAudit extension as I am new to PostgreSQL extenstions.

I currently have Postgres95 on Linux Redhat 6.8 running on the server and I need to test out the pgAudt extension.

I downloaded the file pgaudit-REL9_5_STABLE.zip from https://github.com/pgaudit/pgaudit/tree/REL9_5_STABLE

In the Readme file, under “Compile and Install” the instructions are:

1.       Clone the PostgreSQL repository:

git clone https://github.com/postgres/postgres.git

2.       Checkout REL9_5_STABLE branch:

git checkout REL9_5_STABLE

3.       Make PostgreSQL:

./configure

make install -s

4.       Change to the contrib directory:

cd contrib

5.       Clone the pgAudit extension:

git clone https://github.com/pgaudit/pgaudit.git

6.       Change to pgAudit directory:

cd pgaudit

7.       Build pgAudit and run regression tests:

make -s check

8.       Install pgAudit:

make install

My problem is that I can’t find the contrib directory anywhere on the server. ( assume this is because the install steps refers to the old Postfres 8???)

There is default directory for extensions in my current 9.5 install:

/usr/pgsql-9.5/share/extension/

As I have Postrgres9.5 installed and downloaded the zip file (pgaudit-REL9_5_STABLE.zip), I assume I only have to perform steps 7 and 8.

Do I just unzip the content into a directory /usr/pgsql-9.5/share/extension/pgaudit and then run the steps 7 and 8??? Or do I even need to run the make steps as all the files appears to be there. Ie .control, .sql, .conf, etc.

The makefile in pgaudit-REL9_5_STABLE.zip refers to …/contrib/pgaudit/….. ?????

# contrib/pg_audit/Makefile

MODULE_big = pgaudit

OBJS = pgaudit.o $(WIN32RES)

EXTENSION = pgaudit

DATA = pgaudit--1.0.sql

PGFILEDESC = "pgAudit - An audit logging extension for PostgreSQL"

REGRESS = pgaudit

REGRESS_OPTS = --temp-config=$(top_srcdir)/contrib/pgaudit/pgaudit.conf

ifdef USE_PGXS

PG_CONFIG = pg_config

PGXS := $(shell $(PG_CONFIG) --pgxs)

include $(PGXS)

else

subdir = contrib/pgaudit

top_builddir = ../..

include $(top_builddir)/src/Makefile.global

include $(top_srcdir)/contrib/contrib-global.mk

endif

Thanks for your help.

Regards

Dylan