Обсуждение: Binary Path Help

Binary Path Help

От
Chase Freeman
Дата:
Hello,

Can someone help me understand how to find the solution so I can setup my Binary path?

Path to the directory containing the PostgreSQL utility programs (pg_dump, pg_restore etc).

Any help is appreciated,

--
Chase Freeman
Washington, D.C.

Re: Binary Path Help

От
Raymond O'Donnell
Дата:
On 12/11/16 00:27, Chase Freeman wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Can someone help me understand how to find the solution so I can setup
> my Binary path?
>
> Path to the directory containing the PostgreSQL utility programs
> (pg_dump, pg_restore etc).

This as you've said above - you need to specify where these utilities
are installed on your computer. Where they are (if indeed they're there
at all) depends on your platform and how you installed PostgreSQL (if
you did). What OS are you running?

Ray.

Re: Binary Path Help

От
Murtuza Zabuawala

In pgAdmin4 Goto: File > Preferences > Paths > Binary paths > PostgreSQL Binary Path

For example if you are using PostgreSQL 9.6 then,

on Windows provide path like, C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.6\bin

on Linux provide path like, /opt/PostgreSQL/9.6/bin

Murtuza Zabuawala
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Can someone help me understand how to find the solution so I can setup
my Binary path?

Path to the directory containing the PostgreSQL utility programs
(pg_dump, pg_restore etc).

This as you've said above - you need to specify where these utilities are installed on your computer. Where they are (if indeed they're there at all) depends on your platform and how you installed PostgreSQL (if you did). What OS are you running?

Ray.

Re: Binary Path Help

От
Chase Freeman
Дата:
All thanks for the replies--I'm using MacOS Sierra.

Chase

[...]

Дата:
On 14/11/16 19:34, Chase Freeman wrote:
> All thanks for the replies--I'm using MacOS Sierra.

I'm afraid I don't know anything about MacOS, but in general PgAdmin
doesn't include the PostgreSQL utilities such as pg_dump etc; it instead
depends on these being installed separately, and you then need to tell
PgAdmin where they're installed.

Do you have PostgreSQL installed on your computer? if not, perhaps
there's a way of installing just the client utilities - others will know.

Ray.