Обсуждение: Patch for Synonym/Packages dialog documentation

Patch for Synonym/Packages dialog documentation

От
Susan Douglas
Дата:
Hi All,

I've attached a patch that updates the documentation for the Synonym and Packages dialog - Murtuza has reviewed the
Synonymsdocumentation, but I've not received feedback yet about the Packages documentation.  If you could review it,
andcheck it in, I'd appreciate it.

If this should instead be added to the PEM repository, let me know, and I'll check it in - Thanks!

-- Susan

Вложения

Re: Patch for Synonym/Packages dialog documentation

От
Dave Page
Дата:
Hi

On Tue, Oct 25, 2016 at 5:18 PM, Susan Douglas
<susan.douglas@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I've attached a patch that updates the documentation for the Synonym and Packages dialog - Murtuza has reviewed the
Synonymsdocumentation, but I've not received feedback yet about the Packages documentation.  If you could review it,
andcheck it in, I'd appreciate it.

> If this should instead be added to the PEM repository, let me know, and I'll check it in - Thanks!

Not sure how you created this, but if I try to apply it with git apply I get:

piranha:pgadmin4 dpage$ git apply ~/Downloads/docpatch1025.patch
fatal: git diff header lacks filename information when removing 1
leading pathname component (line 3)

If I use patch, it patches sysnonym_dialog.rst, but none of the new
files are created:

piranha:pgadmin4 dpage$ patch -p1 < ~/Downloads/docpatch1025.patch
(Stripping trailing CRs from patch.)
patching file docs/en_US/synonym_dialog.rst
piranha:pgadmin4 dpage$ git status
On branch master
Your branch is up-to-date with 'origin/master'.
Changes not staged for commit:
  (use "git add <file>..." to update what will be committed)
  (use "git checkout -- <file>..." to discard changes in working directory)

modified:   docs/en_US/synonym_dialog.rst

no changes added to commit (use "git add" and/or "git commit -a")
piranha:pgadmin4 dpage$ git add -i
           staged     unstaged path
  1:    unchanged      +15/-17 docs/en_US/synonym_dialog.rst

*** Commands ***
  1: status  2: update  3: revert  4: add untracked
  5: patch  6: diff  7: quit  8: help
What now> a
No untracked files.

--