Обсуждение: Editing the wiki's whole Todo page doesn't work

Editing the wiki's whole Todo page doesn't work

Дата:
I can edit sections of it well enough, but AFAIK you have to edit the
whole thing if you want to add a new section ... and when I do that,
"Save page" just waits forever.  (OK, I exaggerate, I gave up after
an hour.)
        regards, tom lane

Re: Editing the wiki's whole Todo page doesn't work

От
Alvaro Herrera
Tom Lane wrote:
> I can edit sections of it well enough, but AFAIK you have to edit the
> whole thing if you want to add a new section ... and when I do that,
> "Save page" just waits forever.  (OK, I exaggerate, I gave up after
> an hour.)

No, you can edit the section just above where you want to add the new
section, and add it there.  It will appear as a new section when you
save the page.

(The only problem with this is when you want to add a section before the
first section.  In this case you edit any section and manually change
the "§ion=NN" to "§ion=0" in the URL.)

Re: Editing the wiki's whole Todo page doesn't work

Дата:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> I can edit sections of it well enough, but AFAIK you have to edit the
>> whole thing if you want to add a new section ... and when I do that,
>> "Save page" just waits forever.  (OK, I exaggerate, I gave up after
>> an hour.)

> No, you can edit the section just above where you want to add the new
> section, and add it there.  It will appear as a new section when you
> save the page.

Okay, I'll go do that, but there's still some serious scalability
problem in "Save page".  For comparison, "Show preview" and "Show
changes" on the whole Todo page take only a few seconds.

Tom Lane wrote:
> > Tom Lane wrote:
> >> I can edit sections of it well enough, but AFAIK you have to edit the
> >> whole thing if you want to add a new section ... and when I do that,
> >> "Save page" just waits forever.  (OK, I exaggerate, I gave up after
> >> an hour.)
>
> > No, you can edit the section just above where you want to add the new
> > section, and add it there.  It will appear as a new section when you
> > save the page.
>
> Okay, I'll go do that, but there's still some serious scalability
> problem in "Save page".  For comparison, "Show preview" and "Show
> changes" on the whole Todo page take only a few seconds.

I know editing the entire TODO page used to work.  I actually did it
once.  I edited the page, copied the entire contents into the clipboard,
pasted it into a local editor, did search/replace, pasted it back into
the window, and saved it.

That certainly _should_ still work, and if it doesn't, we need to fix
it.

http://enterprisedb.com

Re: Editing the wiki's whole Todo page doesn't work

От
Stefan Kaltenbrunner
>>> No, you can edit the section just above where you want to add the new
>>> section, and add it there.  It will appear as a new section when you
>>> save the page.
>> Okay, I'll go do that, but there's still some serious scalability
>> problem in "Save page".  For comparison, "Show preview" and "Show
>> changes" on the whole Todo page take only a few seconds.
>
> I know editing the entire TODO page used to work.  I actually did it
> once.  I edited the page, copied the entire contents into the clipboard,
> pasted it into a local editor, did search/replace, pasted it back into
> the window, and saved it.
>
> That certainly _should_ still work, and if it doesn't, we need to fix

it seems to work just fine for me(takes around 15s) - not sure why it is
not working for tom.

Stefan

Re: Editing the wiki's whole Todo page doesn't work

Дата:
Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc> writes:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
>> That certainly _should_ still work, and if it doesn't, we need to fix

> it seems to work just fine for me(takes around 15s) - not sure why it is
> not working for tom.

Hm, maybe it's browser-specific?  I was trying it with Safari.
        regards, tom lane

Re: Editing the wiki's whole Todo page doesn't work

От
Dave Page
Дата:
On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 5:15 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Stefan Kaltenbrunner <stefan@kaltenbrunner.cc> writes:
>> Bruce Momjian wrote:
>>> That certainly _should_ still work, and if it doesn't, we need to fix
>
>> it seems to work just fine for me(takes around 15s) - not sure why it is
>> not working for tom.
>
> Hm, maybe it's browser-specific?  I was trying it with Safari.

Took about 10s to save on Safari 3.2.3 for me.

--
Dave Page