Обсуждение: Re: [GENERAL] end of life for pg versions...

Re: [GENERAL] end of life for pg versions...

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
On Tuesday 12 February 2008 15:48, Ivan Sergio Borgonovo wrote:
> On Tue, 12 Feb 2008 16:15:23 -0300
>
> Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
> > Ivan Sergio Borgonovo wrote:
> > > Is it just vaporware... maybe... but still there are pros and
> > > cons of having a bland schedule for EOL and new releases.
> >
> > We do have a schedule:
> > http://developer.postgresql.org/index.php/PostgreSQL_8.4_Development_Plan
>
> woops maybe what's missing is a clear link on the main site[1] + EOL.
>
> thanks
>
> [1] http://www.postgresql.org/ I'd place it in the support menu...

Actually I think we should be pointing people to
http://www.postgresql.org/developer/roadmap.

Of course we would still need to add an EOL page... I think one could make a
strong argument for a static url for EOL info now that windows is EOL for <
8.2.

--
Robert Treat

Re: [GENERAL] end of life for pg versions...

Дата:
Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net> writes:
> Of course we would still need to add an EOL page... I think one could make a
> strong argument for a static url for EOL info now that windows is EOL for <
> 8.2.

You could make a strong argument for a page stating that versions
thus-and-so are *already* EOL'd.  What the OP seems to be insisting
is that we produce a formal policy and timetable for future EOL
decisions, neither of which seem very likely or desirable to me.

            regards, tom lane

Tom Lane wrote:
> Robert Treat <xzilla@users.sourceforge.net> writes:
> > Of course we would still need to add an EOL page... I think one could make a
> > strong argument for a static url for EOL info now that windows is EOL for <
> > 8.2.
>
> You could make a strong argument for a page stating that versions
> thus-and-so are *already* EOL'd.  What the OP seems to be insisting
> is that we produce a formal policy and timetable for future EOL
> decisions, neither of which seem very likely or desirable to me.

We could record the dates we made versions EOL and they can interpolate
from there.