Обсуждение: metaphone and nysiis in postgres

metaphone and nysiis in postgres

От
"Demel, Jeff"
Дата:
Microsoft SQL server has two extended stored procedures that I need in Postgres: xp_nysiis and xp_metaphone.  They do
fuzzymatching on strings.  Are there Postgres alternatives for these?  Or maybe some other way to do phonetic/fuzzy
matchingthat would be as effective?

-Jeff

-----Original Message-----
From: pgsql-sql-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-sql-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of A. Kretschmer
Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2007 11:45 AM
To: pgsql-sql@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [SQL] interval as hours or minutes ?

am  Wed, dem 07.02.2007, um 19:03:35 +0200 mailte Aarni Ruuhimäki folgendes:
> Hi all,
>
> Could anyone please tell an easy way to get total hours or minutes
> from an interval ?
>
> SELECT SUM(stop_date_time - start_date_time) AS tot_time FROM
> work_times WHERE user_id = 1;

Perhaps. You can, for instance, with extract(epoch from stop_date_time) retrieve the number of seconds and work with
this.

Andreas
--
Andreas Kretschmer

              http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq
This email is intended only for the individual or entity to which it is addressed.  This email may contain information
thatis privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. Dissemination, distribution or copying of this
e-mailor any attachments by anyone other than the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for
deliveringthe message to the intended recipient, is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient of this message
orthe employee or agent responsible for delivery of this email to the intended recipient, please notify the sender by
replyingto this message and then delete it from your system.  Any use, dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of
thismessage by unintended recipients is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

Re: metaphone and nysiis in postgres

Дата:
"Demel, Jeff" <Jeff.Demel@JavelinDirect.com> writes:
> Microsoft SQL server has two extended stored procedures that I need in
> Postgres: xp_nysiis and xp_metaphone.  They do fuzzy matching on
> strings.  Are there Postgres alternatives for these?

Never heard of nysiis, but there's metaphone code in contrib/fuzzystrmatch
(along with a few other alternatives).
        regards, tom lane

Re: metaphone and nysiis in postgres

От
"Demel, Jeff"
Дата:
Ah!  Cool.  Contrib/fuzzystrmatch has metaphone.  Looks like it has
soundex and levenschtein too.

Thanks!

> Microsoft SQL server has two extended stored procedures that I need in
> Postgres: xp_nysiis and xp_metaphone.  They do fuzzy matching on
> strings.  Are there Postgres alternatives for these?

Never heard of nysiis, but there's metaphone code in
contrib/fuzzystrmatch (along with a few other alternatives).
        regards, tom lane
This email is intended only for the individual or entity to which it is addressed.  This email may contain information
thatis privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. Dissemination, distribution or copying of this
e-mailor any attachments by anyone other than the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for
deliveringthe message to the intended recipient, is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient of this message
orthe employee or agent responsible for delivery of this email to the intended recipient, please notify the sender by
replyingto this message and then delete it from your system.  Any use, dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of
thismessage by unintended recipients is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

Re: metaphone and nysiis in postgres

От
"Demel, Jeff"
Дата:
Can this be installed easily on Windows?

-Jeff

Ah!  Cool.  Contrib/fuzzystrmatch has metaphone.  Looks like it has
soundex and levenschtein too.

Thanks!

> Microsoft SQL server has two extended stored procedures that I need in
> Postgres: xp_nysiis and xp_metaphone.  They do fuzzy matching on
> strings.  Are there Postgres alternatives for these?

Never heard of nysiis, but there's metaphone code in
contrib/fuzzystrmatch (along with a few other alternatives).
        regards, tom lane
This email is intended only for the individual or entity to which it is addressed.  This email may contain information
thatis privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. Dissemination, distribution or copying of this
e-mailor any attachments by anyone other than the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for
deliveringthe message to the intended recipient, is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient of this message
orthe employee or agent responsible for delivery of this email to the intended recipient, please notify the sender by
replyingto this message and then delete it from your system.  Any use, dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of
thismessage by unintended recipients is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

Re: metaphone and nysiis in postgres

От
Richard Huxton
Дата:
Demel, Jeff wrote:
> Can this be installed easily on Windows?

Try re-running the installer, it should let you tick various options to
install from contrib.

--   Richard Huxton  Archonet Ltd

Re: metaphone and nysiis in postgres

От
"Demel, Jeff"
Дата:
I don't have a problem with doing this in our development environment,
but when we go to move it onto the live production box, with all the
live data and current custom settings, will a re-install cause issues?
Data loss is unacceptable, of course, but it would also be nice if we
don't have to juggle users, permissions, and settings.

-Jeff

> Can this be installed easily on Windows?

Try re-running the installer, it should let you tick various options to
install from contrib.

--   Richard Huxton  Archonet Ltd
This email is intended only for the individual or entity to which it is addressed.  This email may contain information
thatis privileged, confidential or otherwise protected from disclosure. Dissemination, distribution or copying of this
e-mailor any attachments by anyone other than the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for
deliveringthe message to the intended recipient, is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient of this message
orthe employee or agent responsible for delivery of this email to the intended recipient, please notify the sender by
replyingto this message and then delete it from your system.  Any use, dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of
thismessage by unintended recipients is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.

Re: metaphone and nysiis in postgres

От
"Jan Muszynski"
Дата:
On 8 Feb 2007 at 10:59, Demel, Jeff wrote:

> I don't have a problem with doing this in our development environment,
> but when we go to move it onto the live production box, with all the
> live data and current custom settings, will a re-install cause issues?
> Data loss is unacceptable, of course, but it would also be nice if we
> don't have to juggle users, permissions, and settings.
>
> -Jeff

Try looking in the share\contrib subdirectory of the install folder.
Should be SQL files there to install/uninstall the contrib modules.
-jan