Обсуждение: How do write a query...

How do write a query...

От
Alain Reymond
Дата:
Hello,

I have the following problem :

I have a table like
Id    Num      Date                   AValue
1      10         01/01/2005       50
2      10         31/05/2005       60
3      25         02/02/2005       55
4      25         15/03/2005       43
5      25         28/05/2005       62
etc..

Id is unique, Num is an identification number with duplicates possible,
date is a ... date and Avalue... a value!

If we have
Id    Num      Date                   AValue
Id1  Num1    Date1                  AValue1
Id2  Num1    Date2                  AValue2

The table is ordered on Num+Date.
What I would like to calculate is (AValue2-AValue1) for a given Num
(here num1).

In this case, I would have to calculate
60-50 for Num 10
and
43-55, 62-43 for Num 25.

Do you have any idea if it can be done simply with a request...

I thank you

Regards.

Alain Reymond

Re: How do write a query...

От
KÖPFERL Robert
Дата:
You could have a look at the OFFSET and LIMIT modifiers

as for untested example
select ((select max( "AValue") from table group by "Num") - "AValue") as
difference from table order by "AValue" desc offset 1

this says: give me a inversed ordered AValue-list but ommitting the first
(biggest) and subtract each  from the biggest value of each group