Обсуждение: Replace function ...

Replace function ...

От
"Kornelije"
Дата:
Hi,

I need to write a function which has to replace a character with two or three other characters ....

I have some data in the DB and when I retrieve this data, I have sorting problems because I use specific Croatian characters ....
I know that the DB is not setup properly, but I cannot change anything now because some data could be lost ....

So I need to change specific Croatian characters with some other standard characters in order to sort the data properly ....

so, if anybody knows something or has such function, please, let me know ....

thanks

R.K.

Re: Replace function ...

От
Yasir Malik
Дата:

Re: Replace function ...

От
Benoît BOURNON
Дата:
I try to reencode postgresql db ... all is running ... in your shell :

- pg_dump db  -f fileout

- iconv fileout i do not remember parameters but iconv converts the file.

- createdb db -U unicode (for example)

- pgsql db < fileout_converted

We change previous year the encoding of this website : www.ape-europe.org
'iso' to 'utf8' for problems of eastern countries ...
all is running ...

maybe you can try ...

Kornelije wrote:
Hi,

I need to write a function which has to replace a character with two or three other characters ....

I have some data in the DB and when I retrieve this data, I have sorting problems because I use specific Croatian characters ....
I know that the DB is not setup properly, but I cannot change anything now because some data could be lost ....

So I need to change specific Croatian characters with some other standard characters in order to sort the data properly ....

so, if anybody knows something or has such function, please, let me know ....

thanks

R.K.

Re: Replace function ...

От
Kornelije Rabuzin
Дата:
Thank you very much, but the database I'm using is not mine ....
that's why I cannot change anything ....

If I wont manage to write this replace function, I'll probably use this
solution ...

so thank you

best regards

R. K.

On Wed, 19 May 2004, [ISO-8859-1] Beno�t BOURNON wrote:

> I try to reencode postgresql db ... all is running ... in your shell :
>
> - pg_dump db  -f fileout
>
> - iconv fileout i do not remember parameters but iconv converts the file.
>
> - createdb db -U unicode (for example)
>
> - pgsql db < fileout_converted
>

> We change previous year the encoding of this website : www.ape-europe.org
> 'iso' to 'utf8' for problems of eastern countries ...
> all is running ...
>
> maybe you can try ...
>
> Kornelije wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I need to write a function which has to replace a character with two
> > or three other characters ....
> >
> > I have some data in the DB and when I retrieve this data, I have
> > sorting problems because I use specific Croatian characters ....
> > I know that the DB is not setup properly, but I cannot change anything
> > now because some data could be lost ....
> >
> > So I need to change specific Croatian characters with some other
> > standard characters in order to sort the data properly ....
> >
> > so, if anybody knows something or has such function, please, let me
> > know ....
> >
> > thanks
> >
> > R.K.

Re: Replace function ...

От
Kornelije Rabuzin
Дата:
thanks ....

If I don't find some other solution, I'll do it .....

so, thanks ...

best regards

Kornelije