Обсуждение: start

start

От
"H.J. Sanders"
Дата:
Hello list.

I have difficulties starting the postmaster automatically at boot time
(everything I tried is done by 'root').

Can someone give me an example for LINUX (SUSE 8).

Many thanks.

Henk Sanders

Re: start

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
H.J. Sanders wrote:
> I have difficulties starting the postmaster automatically at boot
> time (everything I tried is done by 'root').
>
> Can someone give me an example for LINUX (SUSE 8).

Maybe you would rather want to download the binary packages, which take
care of that.  RPMs for SuSE are available on the PostgreSQL mirrors in
the directory "binary".

Re: start

От
"scott.marlowe"
Дата:
On Mon, 3 May 2004, H.J. Sanders wrote:

> Hello list.
>

> I have difficulties starting the postmaster automatically at boot time
> (everything I tried is done by 'root').
>
> Can someone give me an example for LINUX (SUSE 8).

Just FYI, this probably belongs on admin, but no biggie.

I start my postgresql database with this line:

su - postgres -c 'pg_ctl start | rotatelogs $PGDATA/pglog 86400 2>1&'

If you have apache rotatelogs in the postgres user's path, you can start
the database as postgresql AND set the logs to be rotated every 24 hours
with this line.  If not, and you don't need to log the database's
notices and such, then just enter this:

su - postgres -c 'pg_ctl start 2>1&'

Re: start

От
"Andrei Bintintan"
Дата:
You say that you're running Suse 8.

You can also start the process with that Yast.
Start Yast2 -> System -> Runlevel Editor-> and then you can select the
runlevel when you want that postgre starts. I start it at runlevel 3.
If you installed postgre it manually you have a little work to do, probably
you will have to make your own start script.
In my situation(also manual installation)  I just copied the script which
came with suse and edited it for my configuration... it worked for me.

Good luck!