Re: start

От scott.marlowe
Тема Re: start
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
On Mon, 3 May 2004, H.J. Sanders wrote:

> Hello list.
>

> I have difficulties starting the postmaster automatically at boot time
> (everything I tried is done by 'root').
>
> Can someone give me an example for LINUX (SUSE 8).

Just FYI, this probably belongs on admin, but no biggie.

I start my postgresql database with this line:

su - postgres -c 'pg_ctl start | rotatelogs $PGDATA/pglog 86400 2>1&'

If you have apache rotatelogs in the postgres user's path, you can start
the database as postgresql AND set the logs to be rotated every 24 hours
with this line.  If not, and you don't need to log the database's
notices and such, then just enter this:

su - postgres -c 'pg_ctl start 2>1&'

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: