Обсуждение: SQL query --- big question???

SQL query --- big question???

От
"Andrei Bintintan"
Дата:
Hi to all,

I have a big question.

Can I write a query/function/agregate function (whatever) so that I can return the result of a query in a single line? I don't know if this is possible to be made and please if it is not possible please say.

I better give an example:

table (id, name)
1 xxx
2 yyy
3 zzz

Now I want to have a query like:

Select id from table

and the result to be something like: 1,2,3
and not 1 2 3 in different lines.

I just want to concatenate the results in a single result so this query result will have 1 row and 1 column. This looks like an agregate function but I don't know how to make this.

I hope you will understand what I want to do.

Please advise.

Thnx.

Andy.

Re: SQL query --- big question???

От
Richard Huxton
Дата:
On Friday 12 March 2004 14:36, Andrei Bintintan wrote:
> Hi to all,
>
> I have a big question.
>
> Can I write a query/function/agregate function (whatever) so that I can
> return the result of a query in a single line? I don't know if this is
> possible to be made and please if it is not possible please say.

You're best doing this in the application really.

However, if you only want to work with text, search the mailing list archives
using keywords like:  text concat aggregate
and you should see an example solution where you build your own aggregate
function.

--  Richard Huxton Archonet Ltd