Обсуждение: Perl Book

Perl Book

От
Jodi Kanter
Дата:
I also need a Perl programming book to use as a reference but also as a means to learning the product. I am a DBA but fairly new to coding in Perl.
Does anyone have a recommendation?
Thanks
Jodi
--

_______________________________
Jodi L Kanter

--

_______________________________
Jodi L Kanter
BioInformatics Database Administrator
University of Virginia
(434) 924-2846
jkanter@virginia.edu

Re: [ADMIN] Perl Book

От
Andrew Perrin
Дата:
The classic and best general Perl reference is _Programming Perl_:

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/pperl3/

For database-specific work, you might also want:

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/perldbi/

clists@perrin.socsci.unc.edu * andrew_perrin (at) unc.edu

On Tue, 27 May 2003, Jodi Kanter wrote:

> I also need a Perl programming book to use as a reference but also as a
> means to learning the product. I am a DBA but fairly new to coding in Perl.
> Does anyone have a recommendation?
> Thanks
> Jodi
> --
>
> _______________________________
> Jodi L Kanter
> BioInformatics Database Administrator
> University of Virginia
> (434) 924-2846
> jkanter@virginia.edu <mailto:jkanter@virginia.edu>
>

> --
>
> _______________________________
> Jodi L Kanter
> BioInformatics Database Administrator
> University of Virginia
> (434) 924-2846
> jkanter@virginia.edu <mailto:jkanter@virginia.edu>

Re: Perl Book

От
"Wei Weng"
Дата:
Learning Perl/Programming Perl/Perl cookbook are the classics.

Good luck.

Wei

I also need a Perl programming book to use as a reference but also as a means to learning the product. I am a DBA but fairly new to coding in Perl.
Does anyone have a recommendation?
Thanks
Jodi
--

_______________________________
Jodi L Kanter
BioInformatics Database Administrator
University of Virginia
(434) 924-2846
jkanter@virginia.edu

<!--[if !supportLineBreakNewLine]-->
<!--[endif]-->

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]-->  <!--[endif]-->

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]-->  <!--[endif]-->

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]-->

--

_______________________________
Jodi L Kanter
BioInformatics Database Administrator
University of Virginia
(434) 924-2846
jkanter@virginia.edu

<!--[if !supportLineBreakNewLine]-->
<!--[endif]-->

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]-->  <!--[endif]-->

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]-->  <!--[endif]-->

<!--[if !supportEmptyParas]-->  <!--[endif]-->

<!--[endif]-->

Re: [ADMIN] Perl Book

От
Robert Treat
Дата:
On Tue, 2003-05-27 at 10:30, Jodi Kanter wrote:
> I also need a Perl programming book to use as a reference but also as a
> means to learning the product. I am a DBA but fairly new to coding in
> Perl.
> Does anyone have a recommendation?
> Thanks
> Jodi

You might want to give "PostgreSQL" by Korry Douglas (Sam's Publishing)
a spin, as it has information regarding the internals of postgresql,
database administration, and several chapters on different interfaces to
postgresql (inlcuding about 50 pages on perl and dbi).

Also, not sure how relevant it is, but oreilly has a number of
bio-informatics books, several of which deal specifically with perl.

Robert Treat