Обсуждение: SQL books

SQL books

От
Juan Fernández
Дата:
Hi all

Aside from Joe Celko's SQL for Smarties, that I already have, what other
books can you reccomend me? I'm searching for a book that describes most
of the heaviest database problems and its solutions. Can be about
PostgreSQL or other databases, what I'm looking for is the algorithmic
of databases.

Thanks in advance

Thrasher

Re: SQL books

От
Douglas Trainor
Дата:
Ignoring what happened in the 1990s, you might try finding a cheap/used
copy of "The Ingres Papers: Anatomy of a Relational Database System".
It was put out by by Addison-Wesley in the mid-1980s and was edited by
Professor Michael Stonebraker.  You can find hardcover editions on the
web for $10 or so.  It covers the fundamental stuff.  I have the
paperback edition.  A few of the papers are worth the price of
admission alone!

Sounds like you are more interested in the inner-workings of database
systems and not looking for a "SQL book".  Some of the books in the
rubric of "data structures" have pertinent material as well.
   douglas