Re: SQL books

От Douglas Trainor
Тема Re: SQL books
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Ignoring what happened in the 1990s, you might try finding a cheap/used
copy of "The Ingres Papers: Anatomy of a Relational Database System".
It was put out by by Addison-Wesley in the mid-1980s and was edited by
Professor Michael Stonebraker.  You can find hardcover editions on the
web for $10 or so.  It covers the fundamental stuff.  I have the
paperback edition.  A few of the papers are worth the price of
admission alone!

Sounds like you are more interested in the inner-workings of database
systems and not looking for a "SQL book".  Some of the books in the
rubric of "data structures" have pertinent material as well.
   douglas

Juan Fernández wrote:

> Hi all
>
> Aside from Joe Celko's SQL for Smarties, that I already have, what
> other books can you reccomend me? I'm searching for a book that
> describes most of the heaviest database problems and its solutions.
> Can be about PostgreSQL or other databases, what I'm looking for is
> the algorithmic of databases.

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: