Обсуждение: Debian Package problems

Debian Package problems

От
Roberto Mello
Дата:
Does anybody know what's going on with the Debian 7.1 RC4 packages? It
will not let me create any users or even talk to the backend.If I try to create a user (as user postgres), it asks me
fora

password, but it's not the UNIX password because I tried that (I changed
the password right after I installed the packages).If I try to connect through psql, it asks me for the password
again.
It looks like it's using password auth instead of ident auth, which used
to be the default.There's nothing pointed in the packages web pages, a caveat or
anything. I've looked.
Thanks,
-Roberto
--
+----| http://fslc.usu.edu USU Free Software & GNU/Linux Club |------+ Roberto Mello - Computer Science, USU -
http://www.brasileiro.net      http://www.sdl.usu.edu - Space Dynamics Lab, Developer

Ad astra, per ardua nostra.

Re: Debian Package problems

От
Roberto Mello
Дата:
On Fri, Apr 13, 2001 at 09:00:45AM -0600, Roberto Mello wrote:

>     If I try to connect through psql, it asks me for the password again.
> It looks like it's using password auth instead of ident auth, which used
> to be the default.
>     There's nothing pointed in the packages web pages, a caveat or
> anything. I've looked.
Okay, I feel dumb now. It looks like Oliver Elphick (the package maintainer) changed the
default authentication methods. Before local users were "trust" now they
are "password". Thing is, if it's password, how do you know the password for user
postgres?This (a note) should be in the package pages, or at least told the user
during upgrade.
-Roberto
--
+----| http://fslc.usu.edu USU Free Software & GNU/Linux Club |------+ Roberto Mello - Computer Science, USU -
http://www.brasileiro.net      http://www.sdl.usu.edu - Space Dynamics Lab, Developer

Go FORTH and C PASCAL play COBOL with an APL.

Re: Debian Package problems

От
"Oliver Elphick"
Дата:
Roberto Mello wrote: >On Fri, Apr 13, 2001 at 09:00:45AM -0600, Roberto Mello wrote: > >>     If I try to connect
throughpsql, it asks me for the password again. >> It looks like it's using password auth instead of ident auth, which
used>> to be the default. >>     There's nothing pointed in the packages web pages, a caveat or >> anything. I've
looked.> >    Okay, I feel dumb now.  >    It looks like Oliver Elphick (the package maintainer) changed the >default
authenticationmethods. Before local users were "trust" now they >are "password".  >    Thing is, if it's password, how
doyou know the password for user >postgres? >    This (a note) should be in the package pages, or at least told the
user    >  >during upgrade.

Noted.

If you do
export PGHOST=localhost

you will be able to connect without a password, using the default method.
========================================   "I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me      from all my
fears."   Psalms 34:41

Re: Debian Package problems

От
Roberto Mello
Дата:
On Fri, Apr 13, 2001 at 11:38:18AM -0400, Stan Brown wrote:
>     I don;t have a clue. But I also am having fits with the Debian package for
>     "stable" It installs fine, and then I su to postgres. At that point in time
>     psql will connect, but createuser fails :-(
>
>     I would be interested in what yu find out.
I changed /etc/postgresql/pg_hba.conf so that local users are "trust"
again (instead of password).You are looking for this line (already changed):

local        all                                            trust
That's probably not the safest way, but now that I can do something
(because postgres can actually talk to the DB), I will change it back to
password.

> Windows 98: n.
>     useless extension to a minor patch release for 32-bit extensions and
>     a graphical shell for a 16-bit patch to an 8-bit operating system
>     originally coded for a 4-bit microprocessor, written by a 2-bit
>     company that can't stand for 1 bit of competition.
:) Remarkably accurate!
-Roberto
--
+----| http://fslc.usu.edu USU Free Software & GNU/Linux Club |------+ Roberto Mello - Computer Science, USU -
http://www.brasileiro.net      http://www.sdl.usu.edu - Space Dynamics Lab, Developer

C program run.  C program crash.  C programmer quit.