Обсуждение: Getting last used oid

Getting last used oid

От
John C Cusick
Дата:
To All,

How can I call up the last oid used in an insert statement? I've checked
the docs (but not the source - getting a little big :-) by way of the
TOC's and didn't see it. I'm assuming/hoping there is a function
similar to  lastval, curval, nextval for sequences available to
do this that I would like to use in a trigger to populate another table.

I also did a perusal of the new book, which looks *_really_* good so far,
but it didn't have what I was hoping to find.

I can do it normally of course (select oid, 'last_inserted_unique_field')
from table;) but
i would like a more behind the scenes way.

Thank you all,

John C.

Re: [SQL] Getting last used oid

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
On Tue, 7 Dec 1999, John C Cusick wrote:

> How can I call up the last oid used in an insert statement? I've checked

If you are writing in C, you can use the PQoidStatus() function. Similar
functions are provided in other language wrappers as well (e.g., Perl). A
way to do this in psql is going to be in the next release.

Re: [SQL] Getting last used oid

Дата:
> To All,
>
> How can I call up the last oid used in an insert statement? I've checked
> the docs (but not the source - getting a little big :-) by way of the
> TOC's and didn't see it. I'm assuming/hoping there is a function
> similar to  lastval, curval, nextval for sequences available to
> do this that I would like to use in a trigger to populate another table.
>
> I also did a perusal of the new book, which looks *_really_* good so far,
> but it didn't have what I was hoping to find.
>
> I can do it normally of course (select oid, 'last_inserted_unique_field')
> from table;) but
> i would like a more behind the scenes way.
6.6 or 7.0 will have a :LastOid variable in psql.  From libpq in C,
there are functions to access it.

Pennsylvania19026

Re: [SQL] Getting last used oid

От
Vladimir Terziev
Дата:
 Hi John,
 There is diffrent ways to get last used oid.
 Perl DBD::Pg has $oid = $stmt->{pg_oid_status}, where $stmt is a last
statement related with a insert command.

     Vladimir