Getting last used oid

От John C Cusick
Тема Getting last used oid
Дата
Re: [SQL] Getting last used oid  (Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us>)
Re: [SQL] Getting last used oid  (Vladimir Terziev <vlady@school.digsys.bg>)
Список pgsql-sql
To All,

How can I call up the last oid used in an insert statement? I've checked
the docs (but not the source - getting a little big :-) by way of the
TOC's and didn't see it. I'm assuming/hoping there is a function
similar to  lastval, curval, nextval for sequences available to
do this that I would like to use in a trigger to populate another table.

I also did a perusal of the new book, which looks *_really_* good so far,
but it didn't have what I was hoping to find.

I can do it normally of course (select oid, 'last_inserted_unique_field')
from table;) but
i would like a more behind the scenes way.

Thank you all,

John C.