Обсуждение: Outer Joins, Foreign keys, subselects

Outer Joins, Foreign keys, subselects

От
Jens Glaser
Дата:
Hi,

I know I'm stealing your time, but ...

is there work being done already on the above mentioned features?

Is there an immediate need for help?

Jens Glaser     Am Holderstrauch 13, 36041 Fulda, 0661/9429507    jens@jens.de

Re: [SQL] Outer Joins, Foreign keys, subselects

Дата:
> Hi,
>
> I know I'm stealing your time, but ...
>
> is there work being done already on the above mentioned features?
>
> Is there an immediate need for help?

We have subselects, and plan to add outer joins and foreign keys in 6.6.
Our TODO list is on our web site.
Pennsylvania19026

Re: [SQL] Outer Joins, Foreign keys, subselects

От
Jens Glaser
Дата:
Hi,

On Tue, 27 Jul 1999, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> We have subselects, and plan to add outer joins and foreign keys in 6.6.

well, but AFAIK not of the form e.g.
 select blabla from (select * from asdasd ..) t1,                    (select * from bsdfsd ..) t2, where
t1.pkey=t2.pkey..

(subselects in the target list). SCR!

Jens Glaser     Am Holderstrauch 13, 36041 Fulda, 0661/9429507    jens@jens.de

Re: [SQL] Outer Joins, Foreign keys, subselects

Дата:
Jens Glaser <jens@helena.jens.de> writes:
>> We have subselects, and plan to add outer joins and foreign keys in 6.6.

> well, but AFAIK not of the form e.g.

>   select blabla from (select * from asdasd ..) t1,
>                      (select * from bsdfsd ..) t2, where t1.pkey=t2.pkey
>   ..

> (subselects in the target list). SCR!

Actually, Jan is saying that that's exactly what he needs to make rules
work Really Right.  If we add subselect RTEs for the rule rewriter,
I see no reason that we couldn't provide them for direct use too.

Might not happen for 6.6, but maybe the version after.
        regards, tom lane