Обсуждение: Postgresql server src files for 8.1.4 on FreeBSD

Postgresql server src files for 8.1.4 on FreeBSD

От
bob.middaugh@comcast.net (Bob Middaugh)
Дата:
Hi all,

I'm just a FreeBSD Admin, not a DB admin and this is the first time I've installed Postgresql as I'm trying to build
OpenNMS. I have a clean install of 6.2-RELEASE.

I installed the FreeBSD port of the 8.1.4 server.  That went fine, no problems there.  I'm trying to compile the build
forOpenNMS now and it wants some postgreql src files.  I untarred the FreeBSD port and I was able to find postgresql.h
under/src/include, but now it wants pg_config.h and pg_config_os.h.

I find pg_config.c under /src/bin/pg_config, but not pg_config.h or pg_config_os.h.

I find pg_config.h.in, pg_config.h.win32 and pg_config_manual.h.  Still no pg_config.h or pg_config_os.h

I figured I'd download the 8.1.4 src from the postgresql site, but there isn't any.  Is it on an FTP server somewhere?
Or,is 8.1.4 unique to the FreeBSD ports system?

Does anyone know what I can do at this point?

Is this more of a FreeBSD ports question?

This is the compilation that fails:

postgresql.compile:
       [cc] 1 total files to be compiled.
       [cc] In file included from /usr/ports/distfiles/postgresql-src/src/include/postgres.h:48,
       [cc]                  from /usr/local/opennms/source/work/postgresql/iplike.c:42:
       [cc] /usr/ports/distfiles/postgresql-src/src/include/c.h:53:23: pg_config.h: No such file or directory
       [cc] /usr/ports/distfiles/postgresql-src/src/include/c.h:56:72: pg_config_os.h: No such file or directory
       [cc] In file included from /usr/ports/distfiles/postgresql-src/src/include/c.h:822,
       [cc]                  from /usr/ports/distfiles/postgresql-src/src/include/postgres.h:48,
       [cc]                  from /usr/local/opennms/source/work/postgresql/iplike.c:42:
       [cc] /usr/ports/distfiles/postgresql-src/src/include/port.h:327: error: conflicting types for 'srandom'
       [cc] /usr/include/stdlib.h:210: error: previous declaration of 'srandom' was here
       [cc] /usr/ports/distfiles/postgresql-src/src/include/port.h:327: error: conflicting types for 'srandom'
       [cc] /usr/include/stdlib.h:210: error: previous declaration of 'srandom' was here
       [cc] In file included from /usr/include/setjmp.h:48,
       [cc]                  from /usr/ports/distfiles/postgresql-src/src/include/utils/elog.h:17,
       [cc]                  from /usr/ports/distfiles/postgresql-src/src/include/postgres.h:49,
       [cc]                  from /usr/local/opennms/source/work/postgresql/iplike.c:42:
       [cc] /usr/include/machine/setjmp.h:51: error: conflicting types for 'jmp_buf'
       [cc] /usr/include/machine/setjmp.h:48: error: previous declaration of 'jmp_buf' was here

Thanks,
Bob

Re: Postgresql server src files for 8.1.4 on FreeBSD

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Am Donnerstag, 16. August 2007 16:46 schrieb Bob Middaugh:
> I installed the FreeBSD port of the 8.1.4 server.  That went fine, no
> problems there.  I'm trying to compile the build for OpenNMS now and it
> wants some postgreql src files.  I untarred the FreeBSD port and I was able
> to find postgresql.h under /src/include, but now it wants pg_config.h and
> pg_config_os.h.

You need to run ./configure to get these files.

--
Peter Eisentraut

Re: Postgresql server src files for 8.1.4 on FreeBSD

Дата:
> Am Donnerstag, 16. August 2007 16:46 schrieb Bob Middaugh:
>> I installed the FreeBSD port of the 8.1.4 server. �That went fine, no
>> problems there. �I'm trying to compile the build for OpenNMS now and it
>> wants some postgreql src files. �I untarred the FreeBSD port and I was able
>> to find postgresql.h under /src/include, but now it wants pg_config.h and
>> pg_config_os.h.

> You need to run ./configure to get these files.

If you're trying to match an existing installation, be careful to
configure with the same options that the package maker used
(pg_config --configure should tell you that).

On the whole, a prebuilt package *should* provide those files for you,
just to avoid potential mistakes.  Are you sure you have the whole
port package?  Maybe you need a -devel subpackage or something like
that (that's where they live in RPM-land, anyway).

            regards, tom lane

Re: Postgresql server src files for 8.1.4 on FreeBSD

От
bob.middaugh@comcast.net (Bob Middaugh)
Дата:
From: Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>
> > Am Donnerstag, 16. August 2007 16:46 schrieb Bob Middaugh:
> >> I installed the FreeBSD port of the 8.1.4 server.  That went fine, no
> >> problems there.  I'm trying to compile the build for OpenNMS now and it
> >> wants some postgreql src files.  I untarred the FreeBSD port and I was able
> >> to find postgresql.h under /src/include, but now it wants pg_config.h and
> >> pg_config_os.h.
>
> > You need to run ./configure to get these files.
>
> If you're trying to match an existing installation, be careful to
> configure with the same options that the package maker used
> (pg_config --configure should tell you that).
>
> On the whole, a prebuilt package *should* provide those files for you,
> just to avoid potential mistakes.  Are you sure you have the whole
> port package?  Maybe you need a -devel subpackage or something like
> that (that's where they live in RPM-land, anyway).

Thanks Tom,

./compile in the src directory created pg_config.h and pg_config_os.h for me under /src/include and my build completed
successfully. ( forgot to CC the list when I thanked Peter.)  FreeBSD ports aren't prebuilt packages, it's src that you
run"make clean install" against.  For some reason during Make, FreeBSD puts postgres.h under /src/include, but not the
othertwo anywhere...go figure.

Bob