Обсуждение: Problems with 7.1.1 rpm with Mandrake 8

Problems with 7.1.1 rpm with Mandrake 8

От
Badekas Dias
Дата:
Tried to install postgresql v.7.1.1 on a "freshly" installed Mandrake 8
Linux
(of course after removing postgre v 7.0) from the binary rpms

Incompatibility poped-up on libstdc++-libc6.1 (from the rpm binary) with
libstdc++2.10 ( from the mandrake linux v8, installation). This terminates
the installation process.

does anyone know of a work--around ?

How many people are using these binaries ? I'm surprised this question
hasn't appeared before.

Thank for any assistance.

Dias Badekas
email: dbadekas@aia.gr

Re: Problems with 7.1.1 rpm with Mandrake 8

От
Jukka Honkela
Дата:
On Mon, 21 May 2001, Badekas Dias wrote:

>Tried to install postgresql v.7.1.1 on a "freshly" installed Mandrake 8
>Linux
>(of course after removing postgre v 7.0) from the binary rpms
>
>Incompatibility poped-up on libstdc++-libc6.1 (from the rpm binary) with
>libstdc++2.10 ( from the mandrake linux v8, installation). This terminates
>the installation process.
>
>does anyone know of a work--around ?

Yes, compile the sources by yourself. There are differences between
distributions, and, for example if the rpm's were compiled for rh 7.1,
it might mean that they do not work on mandrake because of library
differences.

rpm --rebuild postgresql.....src.rpm

Even this might fail, though, and might require changes to the .spec
file. In this case, if you do not feel comfortable doing the changes,
I'd recommend waiting for somebody else to make binary RPM's available
for Mandrake.

Jukka Honkela

Re: Problems with 7.1.1 rpm with Mandrake 8

От
Thomas Lockhart
Дата:
> Yes, compile the sources by yourself. There are differences between
> distributions, and, for example if the rpm's were compiled for rh 7.1,
> it might mean that they do not work on mandrake because of library
> differences.
> rpm --rebuild postgresql.....src.rpm
> Even this might fail, though, and might require changes to the .spec
> file. In this case, if you do not feel comfortable doing the changes,
> I'd recommend waiting for somebody else to make binary RPM's available
> for Mandrake.

The source RPM builds find (and was posted for) Mandrake 7.2. 8.0 just
needs a rebuild from the source RPM afaik. I may have access to an 8.0
machine Real Soon Now, and will post one then.

                     - Thomas

Re: Problems with 7.1.1 rpm with Mandrake 8

От
Lamar Owen
Дата:

Re: Problems with 7.1.1 rpm with Mandrake 8

От
Lamar Owen
Дата:

Re: Problems with 7.1.1 rpm with Mandrake 8

От
Lamar Owen
Дата: