Re: Problems with 7.1.1 rpm with Mandrake 8

От Thomas Lockhart
Тема Re: Problems with 7.1.1 rpm with Mandrake 8
Дата
Re: Problems with 7.1.1 rpm with Mandrake 8  (Lamar Owen <lamar.owen@wgcr.org>)
Список pgsql-ports
> Yes, compile the sources by yourself. There are differences between
> distributions, and, for example if the rpm's were compiled for rh 7.1,
> it might mean that they do not work on mandrake because of library
> differences.
> rpm --rebuild postgresql.....src.rpm
> Even this might fail, though, and might require changes to the .spec
> file. In this case, if you do not feel comfortable doing the changes,
> I'd recommend waiting for somebody else to make binary RPM's available
> for Mandrake.

The source RPM builds find (and was posted for) Mandrake 7.2. 8.0 just
needs a rebuild from the source RPM afaik. I may have access to an 8.0
machine Real Soon Now, and will post one then.

                     - Thomas