Обсуждение: pgmonitor and Solaris

pgmonitor and Solaris

Дата:
I believe I have found the cause of the pgmonitor problem on Solaris.

pgmonitor assumes you have a working 'ps' status display, which shows
user/database/connection, and query type.  I have learned from a Great
Bridge employee that his Solaris box is not updating the ps display for
7.1beta, and I assume the same trouble exists for 7.0.3.

Can someone confirm that 'ps' status display doesn't work on Solaris,
and if it doesn't, can someone come up with a fix that we can put into
7.1.1?  You can look in /pg/backend/utils/misc/ps_status.c for all the
ps status code.  It has many options for ps status updating.

Thanks.

Re: pgmonitor and Solaris

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Bruce Momjian writes:

> Can someone confirm that 'ps' status display doesn't work on Solaris,

You may need to use /usr/ucb/ps.  Last I checked there was no way to
change the display of /usr/bin/ps.

Re: pgmonitor and Solaris

Дата:
> Bruce Momjian writes:
>
> > Can someone confirm that 'ps' status display doesn't work on Solaris,
>
> You may need to use /usr/ucb/ps.  Last I checked there was no way to
> change the display of /usr/bin/ps.

I can do that, but I am told that /usr/ucb/ps does not allow me to
restrict the display to a specific user.  Without that, ps shows all
processes, which is pretty slow to run regularly, no?  Can you check for
a user restriction on /usr/ucb/ps.  I can certainly code in a check for
its existance and use that instead.

Does 'ps' status display work with PostgreSQL and /usr/ucb/ps?

Let me know.  Thanks.

Re: [HACKERS] Re: pgmonitor and Solaris

От
Larry Rosenman
Дата:
whats wrong with /usr/ucb/ps auxw | grep $PGUSER

to get only the processes for PG?

LER

--
Larry Rosenman                             http://www.lerctr.org/~ler/
Phone: +1 972 414 9812                          E-Mail: ler@lerctr.org

On 3/28/01, 3:31:08 PM, Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us> wrote
regarding [HACKERS] Re: [PORTS] pgmonitor and Solaris: