Re: [HACKERS] Re: pgmonitor and Solaris

От Larry Rosenman
Тема Re: [HACKERS] Re: pgmonitor and Solaris
Дата
Список pgsql-ports
whats wrong with /usr/ucb/ps auxw | grep $PGUSER

to get only the processes for PG?

LER

--
Larry Rosenman                             http://www.lerctr.org/~ler/
Phone: +1 972 414 9812                          E-Mail: ler@lerctr.org

On 3/28/01, 3:31:08 PM, Bruce Momjian <pgman@candle.pha.pa.us> wrote
regarding [HACKERS] Re: [PORTS] pgmonitor and Solaris:

> > Bruce Momjian writes:
> >
> > > Can someone confirm that 'ps' status display doesn't work on Solaris,
> >
> > You may need to use /usr/ucb/ps.  Last I checked there was no way to
> > change the display of /usr/bin/ps.

> I can do that, but I am told that /usr/ucb/ps does not allow me to
> restrict the display to a specific user.  Without that, ps shows all
> processes, which is pretty slow to run regularly, no?  Can you check for
> a user restriction on /usr/ucb/ps.  I can certainly code in a check for
> its existance and use that instead.

> Does 'ps' status display work with PostgreSQL and /usr/ucb/ps?

> Let me know.  Thanks.

> --

> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Re: pgmonitor and Solaris
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Re: pgmonitor and Solaris