Обсуждение: FW: Postgres on Windows NT

FW: Postgres on Windows NT

От
Christos Poulkas
Дата:
Hi,

Thanks to Pete Forman for responding so fast on my first e-mail.
That problem is solved by applying the new patch but I have got
another one.

I tried to install postgresql on my NT machine but in vain.
Following your instructions, I have already installed successfully
cygwin (1.1.4)  and cygipc (1.1.7).

I started ipc-daemon & and executed the following commands:
1. configure --prefix=$HOME/local/pgsql
2. make
I fails during the make procedure reporting the error message below:

dlltool --export-all --output-def pq.def fe-auth.o fe-connect.o fe-exec.o fe-mis
c.o fe-print.o fe-lobj.o pqexpbuffer.o dllist.o pqsignal.o  inet_aton.o
dllwrap -o pq.dll --dllname pq.dll --def pq.def fe-auth.o fe-connect.o fe-exec.o
 fe-misc.o fe-print.o fe-lobj.o pqexpbuffer.o dllist.o pqsignal.o  inet_aton.o .
./../utils/dllinit.o  -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/local/pgsql/lib -L../../backend -l
postgres -lcygipc -lcygwin -lcrypt -lkernel32 -lcrypt
../../utils/dllinit.o(.text+0x102):dllinit.c: undefined reference to `__imp_reen
t_data'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
dllwrap: gcc exited with status 1
make[2]: *** [libpq.a] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/administrator/progs/pgsql/postgresql-7.0.2/src
/interfaces/libpq'
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/administrator/progs/pgsql/postgresql-7.0.2/src
/interfaces'
make: *** [all] Error 2

Re: FW: Postgres on Windows NT

От
Pete Forman
Дата:
Christos Poulkas writes:
 > ../../utils/dllinit.o(.text+0x102):dllinit.c: undefined reference
 > to `__imp_reent_data'

AFAIK, that should be resolved in the Cygwin DLL.  Check that you
don't have old copies of the Cygwin libs around.  Also check that you
have an up to date /usr/include/cygwin/cygwin_dll.h and that files
compiled against an old version have been recompiled.

You might need to search or ask on one of the Cygwin lists.  See

    <http://sources.redhat.com/lists.html>

--
Pete Forman                 -./\.- Disclaimer: This post is originated
Western Geophysical           -./\.-  by myself and does not represent

Re: FW: Postgres on Windows NT

От
"Chandra Sekhar . K"
Дата:
I have taken the latest code from Cygwin and applied the patch
of /usr/include/cygwin/cygwin_dll.h and one more patch on
 sys_nerr in elog.c and exc.c but after all that I am also seeing
 the following error message.

Thanks,
Chandra

At 05:52 PM 10/31/00 +0000, Pete Forman wrote:
>Christos Poulkas writes:
> > ../../utils/dllinit.o(.text+0x102):dllinit.c: undefined reference
> > to `__imp_reent_data'
>
>AFAIK, that should be resolved in the Cygwin DLL.  Check that you
>don't have old copies of the Cygwin libs around.  Also check that you
>have an up to date /usr/include/cygwin/cygwin_dll.h and that files
>compiled against an old version have been recompiled.
>
>You might need to search or ask on one of the Cygwin lists.  See
>
>    <http://sources.redhat.com/lists.html>
>
>--
>Pete Forman                 -./\.- Disclaimer: This post is originated
>Western Geophysical           -./\.-  by myself and does not represent
>pete.forman@westgeo.com         -./\.-  the opinion of Baker Hughes or
>http://www.crosswinds.net/~petef  -./\.-  its divisions.

Re: FW: Postgres on Windows NT

От
Pete Forman
Дата:
Chandra Sekhar . K writes:
 > I have taken the latest code from Cygwin and applied the patch
 > of /usr/include/cygwin/cygwin_dll.h and one more patch on
 >  sys_nerr in elog.c and exc.c but after all that I am also seeing
 >  the following error message.

Did utils/dllinit.c get patched properly, and then recompiled.  Lines
53-55 should be:

    struct _reent *_impure_ptr;

    extern __declspec(dllimport) struct _reent reent_data;

If that is okay, what do you get if you cd to interfaces/libpq and

    make DLLWRAP="dllwrap -v"

--
Pete Forman                 -./\.- Disclaimer: This post is originated
Western Geophysical           -./\.-  by myself and does not represent
pete.forman@westgeo.com         -./\.-  the opinion of Baker Hughes or
http://www.crosswinds.net/~petef  -./\.-  its divisions.

Re: FW: Postgres on Windows NT

От
"Chandra Sekhar . K"
Дата:
At 07:19 PM 10/31/00 +0000, Pete Forman wrote:
>Chandra Sekhar . K writes:
> > I have taken the latest code from Cygwin and applied the patch
> > of /usr/include/cygwin/cygwin_dll.h and one more patch on
> >  sys_nerr in elog.c and exc.c but after all that I am also seeing
> >  the following error message.
>
>Did utils/dllinit.c get patched properly, and then recompiled.  Lines
>53-55 should be:
>
>    struct _reent *_impure_ptr;
>
>    extern __declspec(dllimport) struct _reent reent_data;
>

>If that is okay, what do you get if you cd to interfaces/libpq and
>
>    make DLLWRAP="dllwrap -v"

    I have modified lines as above in utils/dllinit.c , now I am getting
 the following error message.

$ make DLLWRAP="dllwrap -v"

make -C ../../utils dllinit.o
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/utils'
gcc -I../include -I../backend   -I/usr/local/include -O2 -I/usr/local/include
-Wall -Wmissing-prototypes -Wmissing-decla
rations   -c -o dllinit.o dllinit.c
dllinit.c:49: warning: no previous prototype for `_cygwin_dll_entry'
dllinit.c:49: warning: no previous prototype for `_cygwin_noncygwin_dll_entry'
dllinit.c: In function `DllMain':
dllinit.c:91: `__imp_reent_data' undeclared (first use in this function)
dllinit.c:91: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
dllinit.c:91: for each function it appears in.)
make[1]: *** [dllinit.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/utils'
make: *** [../../utils/dllinit.o] Error 2

Re: FW: Postgres on Windows NT

От
Pete Forman
Дата:
Chandra Sekhar . K writes:
 > At 07:19 PM 10/31/00 +0000, Pete Forman wrote:
 > >Did utils/dllinit.c get patched properly, and then recompiled.
 > >Lines 53-55 should be:
 >
 >     I have modified lines as above in utils/dllinit.c , now I am
 >  getting the following error message.

You misunderstood me.  Those are not the only lines changed by the
patch, I was ascertaining whether or not the patch had been applied
successfully.  It appears that it was not.  Make sure that you have
applied Jason's (and my) patches to all the files.
--
Pete Forman                 -./\.- Disclaimer: This post is originated
Western Geophysical           -./\.-  by myself and does not represent
pete.forman@westgeo.com         -./\.-  the opinion of Baker Hughes or
http://www.crosswinds.net/~petef  -./\.-  its divisions.

Re: FW: Postgres on Windows NT

От
"Chandra Sekhar . K"
Дата:
At 08:35 AM 11/1/00 +0000, Pete Forman wrote:
>Chandra Sekhar . K writes:
> > At 07:19 PM 10/31/00 +0000, Pete Forman wrote:
> > >Did utils/dllinit.c get patched properly, and then recompiled.
> > >Lines 53-55 should be:
> >
> >     I have modified lines as above in utils/dllinit.c , now I am
> >  getting the following error message.
>
>You misunderstood me.  Those are not the only lines changed by the
>patch, I was ascertaining whether or not the patch had been applied
>successfully.  It appears that it was not.  Make sure that you have
>applied Jason's (and my) patches to all the files.

       I think I did , anyway  I will start every thing from scratch
 and will let you know more on this.

Chandra