Обсуждение: ld.so error when inserting with a plpgsql trigger function

ld.so error when inserting with a plpgsql trigger function

От
"Reimer, Fred"
Дата:
Hey,

I got this error when attempting to setup a table with a trigger that ran a
plpgsql program upon insert:

"DBD::Pg::st execute failed: ERROR:  Load of file
/usr/local/pgsql/lib/plpgsql.so failed: ld.so.1:
/usr/local/pgsql/bin/postmaster: fatal: relocation error: file
/usr/local/pgsql/lib/plpgsql.so: symbol CurrentMemoryContext: referenced
symbol not found
"

OS is Solaris 7 /w recommended and security patches as of about a month or
two ago.  PostgreSQL is 7.0.  I can do a 'nm plpgsql.so | grep
CurrentMemoryContext' in the /usr/local/pgsql/lib directory and I get:

"    U CurrentMemoryContext"

so it looks like the function is in the library.  Any clues as to what may
be causing this?

Please CC me at work (Fred.Reimer@eclipsys.com) as I only get the list at
home (fwr@ga.prestige.net).

Thanks,

Fred Reimer
Eclipsys Corporation

Re: ld.so error when inserting with a plpgsql trigger function

От
Pete Forman
Дата:
The mailing list is a bit sluggish, your message has taken a week to
get through to me.

If you have not sorted it out already, look at my message "Re: [PORTS]
pkg of 7.0.2 for SunOS 5.6?" of 4 Sep 2000 08:48:23 +0100 (BST).
Basically, libld.so is not needed AFAIK.  It is for accessing COFF
files and all Solaris objects should be ELF.  I found that I needed to
hack the configure script to disable -lld properly.
--
Pete Forman                 -./\.- Disclaimer: This post is originated
Western Geophysical           -./\.-  by myself and does not represent