Обсуждение: Skytools package : missing things

Skytools package : missing things

От
Sébastien Lardière
Дата:
Hi,

As repmgr,

Working with skytools3 on a Centos system, I found that some things
missing :

 - No initscript
 - No system user created,
 - No Log and PID directory
 - No Default Conf file

As it's important and easy to provide a complete tool, please find the
initscript attached, and this simple code to add to the package :

useradd -r skytools
mkdir -p /var/log/skytools /var/run/skytools /etc/skytools
chown -R skytools /var/log/skytools /var/run/skytools /etc/skytools

Files attached :
/etc/skytools.ini
/etc/init.d/skytools3

there is an include of /etc/skytools/*.ini inside /etc/skytools.ini,
this is not a mistake.

Sébastien Lardière

Re: Skytools package : missing things

От
Devrim Gündüz
Дата:
Hi Sébastien,

I just saw that this package requires more attention, since as of now,
Skytools that is compiled against 9.4 cannot be installed along with the
the one that is compiled against 9.3. I need to rewrite the spec file.

That said, does it matter which version of Postgres is used when
compiling Skytools? If not, my life will be easier.

Regards, Devrim

--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Re: Skytools package : missing things

От
Christoph Berg
Re: Devrim Gündüz 2015-01-20 <1421776941.19958.12.camel@gunduz.org>

> Hi Sébastien,
>
> I just saw that this package requires more attention, since as of now,
> Skytools that is compiled against 9.4 cannot be installed along with the
> the one that is compiled against 9.3. I need to rewrite the spec file.
>
> That said, does it matter which version of Postgres is used when
> compiling Skytools? If not, my life will be easier.

It contains server modules.

Christoph
--
cb@df7cb.de | http://www.df7cb.de/