Обсуждение: Ubuntu xenial 16.04 added

Ubuntu xenial 16.04 added

От
Christoph Berg
Дата:
Hi,

with today's PostgreSQL releases, we have the server packages also
built for Ubuntu's upcoming LTS release called "xenial".

All future package builds will include xenial binaries. If you need
something built now, let us know on the mailing list or on
#postgresql-apt on freenode.

Christoph

PS: pgsql-www: Please update the dropdown box on
http://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/ubuntu/
Thanks!

Re: [pgsql-www] Ubuntu xenial 16.04 added

От
Stefan Kaltenbrunner
Дата:
On 03/31/2016 07:43 PM, Christoph Berg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> with today's PostgreSQL releases, we have the server packages also
> built for Ubuntu's upcoming LTS release called "xenial".
>
> All future package builds will include xenial binaries. If you need
> something built now, let us know on the mailing list or on
> #postgresql-apt on freenode.

thanks for the hard work on those packages!

> Christoph
>
> PS: pgsql-www: Please update the dropdown box on
> http://www.postgresql.org/download/linux/ubuntu/
> Thanks!

done - will be on the main site in a few minutes...

Stefan

Re: Ubuntu xenial 16.04 added

От
Christoph Berg
Re: To PostgreSQL in Debian 2016-03-31 <20160331174353.GA9115@msg.df7cb.de>
> with today's PostgreSQL releases, we have the server packages also
> built for Ubuntu's upcoming LTS release called "xenial".
>
> All future package builds will include xenial binaries. If you need
> something built now, let us know on the mailing list or on
> #postgresql-apt on freenode.

The excuse "we'll build it over time" has always been a lame one
because that might take over a year for some packages, so I finally
got around to implement an easy way to rebuild things for a single
distribution.

That's now done, and almost all packages are now also available in
xenial-pgdg. (The few exceptions are likely not relevant at this point
because xenial has most packages natively anyway. We'll figure out the
remaining build problems soonish.)

Christoph