Обсуждение: Httpd2.0 / PHP / PostgreSQL

Httpd2.0 / PHP / PostgreSQL

От
sharmad@softhome.net
Дата:
Hi all,
     I have installed redhat8.0 on my system. When i made phpinfo.php file
containing <? phpinfo(); ?> and ran the script it just doen't connect to the
pgsql database although all servers are started (httpd and postgresql) and
the php-pgsql rpm too is there.
     I can query the database at the command prompt but not from the brower.
Can anyone tell me whats wrong
     This problem doesn't exist in redhat 7.1 or so

Regards and thx
Sharmad

Re: Httpd2.0 / PHP / PostgreSQL

От
Frank Bax
Дата:
At 12:18 AM 12/10/02, sharmad@softhome.net wrote:
>Hi all,
>     I have installed redhat8.0 on my system. When i made phpinfo.php file
> containing <? phpinfo(); ?> and ran the script it just doen't connect to
> the pgsql database although all servers are started (httpd and
> postgresql) and the php-pgsql rpm too is there.
>     I can query the database at the command prompt but not from the
> brower. Can anyone tell me whats wrong
>     This problem doesn't exist in redhat 7.1 or so

Have a closer look at your phpinfo output ... One of the first items
displayed is "Configure Command"  - it contains a bunch of things like
--with-xx and/or --without-xxx
Does it say --with-pgsql or --without-pgsql - if "without", then php was
not compiled with support for postgresql.

Re: Httpd2.0 / PHP / PostgreSQL

От
sharmad@softhome.net
Дата:
Hi ,
Thanks firstly for all the replies i got for the mail :

I have changed the pg_hba.conf file in the following manner :

local   all     ident   sameuser
host    all     127.0.0.1       255.255.255.255 trust
host    lms     192.168.100.0   255.255.255.0   trust

where lms is the database
and also changed tcpip_socket to true

the phpinfo() also shows me support for PostgreSQL as :
 --with-pgsql=shared
I have touched and edited/made user for apache in postgres as stated in
httpd/conf.d/auth_pgsql.conf file
I still get the following error
Warning: pg_pconnect() unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: FATAL 1:
IDENT authentication failed for user "dbname=lms" in
/home/pro/public_html/common.php on line 9

Warning: pg_exec(): supplied argument is not a valid PostgreSQL link
resource in /home/pro/public_html/common.php on line 11

Warning: pg_errormessage(): supplied argument is not a valid PostgreSQL link
resource in /home/pro/public_html/common.php on line 32
NO CONNECTION -

Thanks and Rgrds
Sharmad Naik

Kelvin Varst writes:

> Hi,
>
> Have you changed the pg_hba file? The only connection allowed by default is
> from 127.0.0.1. You should also change tcpip_socket to TRUE in the
> postgresql.conf, otherwise the database do not accept connections from the
> network.
>
> Kelvin :-)

Feel free to contact me (flames about my english and the useless of this
driver will be redirected to /dev/null, oh no, it's full...).   (Michael
Beck, describing the PC-speaker sound device)

Re: Httpd2.0 / PHP / PostgreSQL

От
"Kelvin Varst"
Дата:
Hi,

I don't know how you connect, but if you write something like:

$db_conn = pg_connect("host=your_servername dbname=lms user=someone
password=whatever")
    or die("Something is wrong!");

and in the pg_hba.conf:
host    lms     192.168.100.0   255.255.255.0   trust sameuser

then it should work, if someone is allowed to use the database lms.
Offcourse you should restart PostgreSQL when you change these files.

I also have:

host    all     0.0.0.0   0.0.0.0   md5

in my pg_hba.conf. Then all users can use the database, if they supply a
valid password.

Kelvin :-)