Обсуждение: Error"Unable to connect to PostgresSQL server: connectDBStart()"

Error"Unable to connect to PostgresSQL server: connectDBStart()"

От
arun kv
Дата:
hello,
        I am using PHP to connect to postgresql server. Till now it was
working fine and PHP was connecting sql server without any problems.
Suddenly today i am getting an error or warning which says
'Warning:
Unable to connect to PostgresSQL server: connectDBStart() -- unknown
hostname: localhost in /var/www/html/phpfiles/others/othersbrowse.php on
line 20
                 Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid PostgreSQL link
resource in /var/www/html/phpfiles/others/othersbrowse.php on line 25
                                                        ERROR IN
EXECUTION'

I am not getting what the problem was. Beform some times it used to come
but when i restarted the system it used to work fine.
Pls anybody tell me what the problem is and any suggestions pls since the
server has to run all the 24 hours and 365 days.
        thanks in advance
              Arun

Re: Error"Unable to connect to PostgresSQL server: connectDBStart()"

От
Chadwick Rolfs
Дата:
How about checking that localhost is defined in /etc/hosts  here's mine:
127.0.0.1       ssbeagle        localhost

it also may be that pg_hba.conf doesn't have a localhost entry.  Could you
post the pertinent lines of /var/www/html/phpfile/other/orthersbrowse.php?
If it's not too big, post it all.  Then maybe you could let us know what
pg_hba.conf accepts for local connections see:
http://postgresql.crimelabs.net/users-lounge/docs/7.1/postgres/client-authentication.html

Another option, if this is all local (it looks like it is) is to take out
the hostname part of the pg_connect("") string.  Username database, and
maybe even password (if you set it up) may be all you need anyway.

Hope this helps!

On Mon, 9 Sep 2002, arun kv wrote:

> hello,
>         I am using PHP to connect to postgresql server. Till now it was
> working fine and PHP was connecting sql server without any problems.
> Suddenly today i am getting an error or warning which says
> 'Warning:
> Unable to connect to PostgresSQL server: connectDBStart() -- unknown
> hostname: localhost in /var/www/html/phpfiles/others/othersbrowse.php on
> line 20
>                  Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid PostgreSQL link
> resource in /var/www/html/phpfiles/others/othersbrowse.php on line 25
>                                                         ERROR IN
> EXECUTION'
>

> I am not getting what the problem was. Beform some times it used to come
> but when i restarted the system it used to work fine.
> Pls anybody tell me what the problem is and any suggestions pls since the
> server has to run all the 24 hours and 365 days.
>         thanks in advance
>               Arun

-Chadwick