Re: Error"Unable to connect to PostgresSQL server: connectDBStart()"

От Chadwick Rolfs
Тема Re: Error"Unable to connect to PostgresSQL server: connectDBStart()"
Дата
Список pgsql-php
How about checking that localhost is defined in /etc/hosts  here's mine:
127.0.0.1       ssbeagle        localhost

it also may be that pg_hba.conf doesn't have a localhost entry.  Could you
post the pertinent lines of /var/www/html/phpfile/other/orthersbrowse.php?
If it's not too big, post it all.  Then maybe you could let us know what
pg_hba.conf accepts for local connections see:
http://postgresql.crimelabs.net/users-lounge/docs/7.1/postgres/client-authentication.html

Another option, if this is all local (it looks like it is) is to take out
the hostname part of the pg_connect("") string.  Username database, and
maybe even password (if you set it up) may be all you need anyway.

Hope this helps!

On Mon, 9 Sep 2002, arun kv wrote:

> hello,
>         I am using PHP to connect to postgresql server. Till now it was
> working fine and PHP was connecting sql server without any problems.
> Suddenly today i am getting an error or warning which says
> 'Warning:
> Unable to connect to PostgresSQL server: connectDBStart() -- unknown
> hostname: localhost in /var/www/html/phpfiles/others/othersbrowse.php on
> line 20
>                  Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid PostgreSQL link
> resource in /var/www/html/phpfiles/others/othersbrowse.php on line 25
>                                                         ERROR IN
> EXECUTION'
>

> I am not getting what the problem was. Beform some times it used to come
> but when i restarted the system it used to work fine.
> Pls anybody tell me what the problem is and any suggestions pls since the
> server has to run all the 24 hours and 365 days.
>         thanks in advance
>               Arun

-Chadwick

В списке pgsql-php по дате отправления: