Обсуждение: PHP + PostgreSQL

PHP + PostgreSQL

От
Carlos Garcìa Gòmez
Дата:
Hi everybody! I've just begun with postgre and php and I really need a good
tutorial or any kind of document that can help me.

Thank U all!

Re: PHP + PostgreSQL

От
Martín Marqués
Дата:
On Jue 08 Ago 2002 05:11, Carlos Garcìa Gòmez wrote:
> Hi everybody! I've just begun with postgre and php and I really need a good
> tutorial or any kind of document that can help me.

Both php and postgreSQL hav large documentation. The documentation of both is
very complete, and simple to read.
If you're on some Linux and installed from rpm or deb, you should look for the
php-manual and postgresql-docs packages, and install them.

Saludos... :-)

--
Porqué usar una base de datos relacional cualquiera,
si podés usar PostgreSQL?

Re: PHP + PostgreSQL

От
Andre Dubuc
Дата:
Hi Carlos,

Sorry about that blank first reply [hit the wrong button on my browser :>]

Probably the best tutorial I used when beginning with PHP + PostgreSQL was
found in the 'Tutorial' > "PostgreSQL' section at:

URL:http://www.newbienetwork.net

After you've tried a few examples, try the wonderful examples at devnetwork.

URL:http://www.devshed.com

Have fun -- it always gets more interesting!
Hth,
Andre

On Thursday 08 August 2002 04:11 am, Carlos Garcìa Gòmez wrote:
> Hi everybody! I've just begun with postgre and php and I really need a good
> tutorial or any kind of document that can help me.
>
> Thank U all!

Re: PHP + PostgreSQL

От
"mike"
Дата:
Carlos Garcìa Gòmez writes:
> Hi everybody! I've just begun with postgre and php and I really
> need a good tutorial or any kind of document that can help me.

'PHP and PostgreSQL' by Ewald Geschwinde and Hans-Jurgen Schonig

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0672323826/qid=1028817869/sr=8-1/ref=
sr_8_1/104-7521931-8220702

--
Michael J. Upchurch
Partner2Partner Communications  mike@partner2partner.com  615.286.2199

Re: PHP + PostgreSQL

От
Hans-Jürgen Schönig
Дата:
Carlos Garcìa Gòmez wrote:

>Hi everybody! I've just begun with postgre and php and I really need a good
>tutorial or any kind of document that can help me.
>
>Thank U all!

I have written a book called "PHP and PostgreSQL: Advanced Web
Development" - I hope this is what you have been looking for.

    Best regards,
        Hans-Jürgen Schönig

--
*Cybertec Geschwinde u Schoenig*
Ludo-Hartmannplatz 1/14

Re: PHP + PostgreSQL

От
Chadwick Rolfs
Дата:
I've learned quite a bit from zend.com's tutorials.  It's mostly php, but
if you couple it with the postgresql tutorial, it comes together
eventually.

First look on the zend home page, then check out:
http://www.zend.com/interest/databases.php

Then go to tutorials... it's all mysql, but the differences in php code is
very little.  This one may help:
http://www.zend.com/zend/tut/tutorial-yank.php

You shouldn't _need_ to buy a book, but it's always good to support the
authors :).  Let us know what you went with!

On Thu, 8 Aug 2002, [iso-8859-1] Carlos Garc�a G�mez wrote:

> Hi everybody! I've just begun with postgre and php and I really need a good
> tutorial or any kind of document that can help me.
>
> Thank U all!

-Chadwick

Re: PHP + PostgreSQL

От
hodges@xprt.net
Дата:
The book by Julie Morani, PHP Fast and Easy Web Development
(I think) is excellent.  It is aimed at MySQL but as a
complete DB newbie I had no trouble converting the
examples to PostgreSQL.

Tom