Обсуждение: AutoVacuum_NapTime

AutoVacuum_NapTime

От
"George Sexton"
Дата:
I have a system with around 330 databases running PostgreSQL 8.4.2

What would the expected behavior be with AutoVacuum_NapTime set to the
default of 1m and autovacuum_workers set to 3?

What I'm observing is that the system is continuously vacuuming databases.
Would these settings mean the autovacuum worker would try to vacuum all 330
databases once per minute?

George Sexton

Re: AutoVacuum_NapTime

Дата:
"George Sexton" <georges@mhsoftware.com> writes:
> I have a system with around 330 databases running PostgreSQL 8.4.2
> What would the expected behavior be with AutoVacuum_NapTime set to the
> default of 1m and autovacuum_workers set to 3?

autovacuum_naptime is the cycle time for any one database, so you'd
get an autovac worker launched every 60/330 seconds ...

            regards, tom lane

Re: AutoVacuum_NapTime

От
"George Sexton"