Обсуждение: Benchmark comparing PostgreSQL, MySQL and Oracle

Benchmark comparing PostgreSQL, MySQL and Oracle

От
Sergio Lopez
Дата:
Hi,

I've made a benchmark comparing PostgreSQL, MySQL and Oracle under three environments: GNU/Linux-x86, Solaris-x86 (same
machineas GNU/Linux) and Solaris-SPARC. I think you might find it interesting:

http://blogs.nologin.es/slopez/archives/17-Benchmarking-Databases-I.-Volatile-Storage..html

Re: Benchmark comparing PostgreSQL, MySQL and Oracle

От
Alan Hodgson
Дата:
On Friday 20 February 2009, Sergio Lopez <sergio.lopez@nologin.es> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've made a benchmark comparing PostgreSQL, MySQL and Oracle under three
> environments: GNU/Linux-x86, Solaris-x86 (same machine as GNU/Linux) and
> Solaris-SPARC. I think you might find it interesting:
>
> http://blogs.nologin.es/slopez/archives/17-Benchmarking-Databases-I.-Vola
>tile-Storage..html

How did you get permission from Oracle to publish benchmarks?

--
Even a sixth-grader can figure out that you can’t borrow money to pay off
your debt

Re: Benchmark comparing PostgreSQL, MySQL and Oracle

От
Sergio Lopez
Дата:
El Fri, 20 Feb 2009 08:36:44 -0800
Alan Hodgson <ahodgson@simkin.ca> escribió:

> On Friday 20 February 2009, Sergio Lopez <sergio.lopez@nologin.es>
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've made a benchmark comparing PostgreSQL, MySQL and Oracle under
> > three environments: GNU/Linux-x86, Solaris-x86 (same machine as
> > GNU/Linux) and Solaris-SPARC. I think you might find it interesting:
> >
> > http://blogs.nologin.es/slopez/archives/17-Benchmarking-Databases-I.-Vola
> >tile-Storage..html
>
> How did you get permission from Oracle to publish benchmarks?

Damn, my Oracle's Evaluation License should be void now ;-). Sometimes,
software licenses are somewhat funny.

Re: Benchmark comparing PostgreSQL, MySQL and Oracle

От
"Jonah H. Harris"
Дата: