Re: Benchmark comparing PostgreSQL, MySQL and Oracle

От Mark Kirkwood
Тема Re: Benchmark comparing PostgreSQL, MySQL and Oracle
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Robert Haas wrote:

> The biggest flaw in the benchmark by far has got to be that it was
> done with a ramdisk, so it's really only measuring CPU consumption.
> Measuring CPU consumption is interesting, but it doesn't have a lot to
> do with throughput in real-life situations.

... and memory access. Measuring these two in isolation from any
(real/usual) io system is interesting but perhaps only as a curiosity -
however, it would become much more interesting if we could see how the
results change when a disk based filesystem is used (or even raw for the
big O and innodb and filesystem for postgres...).

regards

Mark

От: Scott Marlowe
Сообщение: Re: Benchmark comparing PostgreSQL, MySQL and Oracle
От: Rodrigo E. De León Plicet
Сообщение: Re: not in(subselect) in 8.4