Обсуждение: insert and Update slow after implementing slony.

insert and Update slow after implementing slony.

От
"Nimesh Satam"
Дата:
Hi,

We are trying to implement slony as a replication tool for one of our database. The Insert and updates have increased by approximately double making some of our important script slow.

The database in concern is a warehouse and we have added additional primary key to support slony by using default vale as SERIAL for the primary key.

Can you any one let us know what we can do to speed up the queries and if it is a good idea to use Slony for db warehouse?

Let me know if you need any further informatiom.

Regards,
Nimesh.

Re: insert and Update slow after implementing slony.

От
"David Rees"
Дата:
On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 8:03 PM, Nimesh Satam <nimesh.zedo@gmail.com> wrote:
> We are trying to implement slony as a replication tool for one of our
> database. The Insert and updates have increased by approximately double
> making some of our important script slow.

What version of PostgreSQL are you running and on what type of hardware?

I suspect that moving pg_log onto a separate spindle and/or upgrading
your RAID controller to something with a BBU and configured in
write-back mode would get most of your performance back.

If you aren't running PostgreSQL 8.3, that might also help update
performance significantly as well.

-Dave