Re: insert and Update slow after implementing slony.

От David Rees
Тема Re: insert and Update slow after implementing slony.
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 8:03 PM, Nimesh Satam <nimesh.zedo@gmail.com> wrote:
> We are trying to implement slony as a replication tool for one of our
> database. The Insert and updates have increased by approximately double
> making some of our important script slow.

What version of PostgreSQL are you running and on what type of hardware?

I suspect that moving pg_log onto a separate spindle and/or upgrading
your RAID controller to something with a BBU and configured in
write-back mode would get most of your performance back.

If you aren't running PostgreSQL 8.3, that might also help update
performance significantly as well.

-Dave

Сообщение: Re: measure database contention
Сообщение: Re: measure database contention