Обсуждение: optimize query with a maximum(date) extraction

optimize query with a maximum(date) extraction

От
JS Ubei
Дата:
Hi all,

I need to improve a query like :

SELECT id, min(the_date), max(the_date) FROM my_table GROUP BY id;

Stupidly, I create a B-tree index on my_table(the_date), witch is logically not used in my query, because it's not with
aconstant ? isn't it ?

I know that I can't create a function index with an aggregative function.

How I can do ?

thanks,

jsubei

FW: optimize query with a maximum(date) extraction

От
"Gregory Williamson"

bad address kep his from going to the list on my first try ... apologies to the moderators.