FW: optimize query with a maximum(date) extraction

От Gregory Williamson
Тема FW: optimize query with a maximum(date) extraction
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

bad address kep his from going to the list on my first try ... apologies to the moderators.

-----Original Message-----
From: Gregory Williamson
Sent: Wed 9/5/2007 4:59 AM
To: JS Ubei; pgsql-performance@postgresql.org
Subject: RE: [PERFORM] optimize query with a maximum(date) extraction

In order to help others help you, you might provide the following:

table description (columns, types, indexes) (\d tablename from psql does nicely)

the same query run as "EXPLAIN ANALYZE <your query here>;"

Greg Williamson
Senior DBA
GlobeXplorer LLC, a DigitalGlobe company

Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information and must be protected in accordance with those provisions. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the original message.

(My corporate masters made me say this.)