Обсуждение: Re: Performance problems testing with Spamassassin

Re: Performance problems testing with Spamassassin

От
"Luke Lonergan"
Дата:
work_mem = 131072               # min 64, size in KB
shared_buffers = 16000          # min 16, at least max_connections*2, 8KB each
checkpoint_segments = 128       # in logfile segments, min 1, 16MB each
effective_cache_size = 750000   # typically 8KB each
fsync=false                     # turns forced synchronization on or off

On Bizgres (0_7_2) running on a 2GHz Opteron:
[llonergan@stinger4 bayesBenchmark]$ ./test.sh

real    0m38.348s
user    0m1.422s
sys     0m1.870s

On a 2.4GHz AMD64:
[llonergan@kite15 bayesBenchmark]$ ./test.sh

real    0m35.497s
user    0m2.250s
sys     0m0.470s

Now we turn fsync=true:

On a 2.4GHz AMD64:
[llonergan@kite15 bayesBenchmark]$ ./test.sh

real    2m7.368s
user    0m2.560s
sys     0m0.750s

I guess we see the real culprit here.  Anyone surprised it's the WAL?

- Luke