Re: Performance problems testing with Spamassassin

От Karim Nassar
Тема Re: Performance problems testing with Spamassassin
Список pgsql-performance
On Sat, 2005-07-30 at 00:46 -0800, Matthew Schumacher wrote:

> I'll do some more testing on Monday, perhaps grouping even 200 tokens at
> a time using your method will yield significant gains, but probably not
> as dramatic as it does using my loading benchmark.

In that case, some of the clauses could be simplified further since we
know that we are dealing with only one user. I don't know what that will
get us, since postgres is so damn clever.

I suspect that the aggregate functions will be more efficient when you
do this, since the temp table will be much smaller, but I am only
guessing at this point.

If you need to support a massive initial data load, further time savings
are to be had by doing COPY instead of 126,000 inserts.

Please do keep us updated.

Thanking all the gods and/or developers for spamassassin,
--
Karim Nassar <karim.nassar@acm.org>