Обсуждение: postgresql in cluster of servers

postgresql in cluster of servers

От
"enediel"
Дата:
Hello to all list members:

I'm looking for information about using postgresql in a cluster of servers
where all real servers share a unique databases location outside them.

The question could be one of the follows?

?Is the prostgresql prepared to synchronize simultaneous accesses to oneself
database among processes that  run in different PC's?

or

?Was the postgresql database designed to allow simultaneous acceses of
processes that run in different PC's allowing for own design the
sincronizationof all the processes?

Thanks in advance for the attention
Enediel
Linux user 300141

Happy who can penetrate the secret causes of the things
¡Use Linux!

Re: postgresql in cluster of servers

От
Josh Berkus
Дата:
Enediel,

> ?Was the postgresql database designed to allow simultaneous acceses of
> processes that run in different PC's allowing for own design the
> sincronizationof all the processes?

No, unless I'm really out of the loop.

However, I believe that some/all of the commercial companies who offer
PostgreSQL-based solutions offer extensions/versions of Postgres that do
this.   I suggest that you contact:

PostgreSQL Inc.
Command Prompt Inc.
Red Hat (Red Hat Database)

--
-Josh Berkus
 Aglio Database Solutions

Re: postgresql in cluster of servers

От
Ron Johnson
Дата:
On Wed, 2003-01-08 at 11:18, enediel wrote:
> Hello to all list members:
>
> I'm looking for information about using postgresql in a cluster of servers
> where all real servers share a unique databases location outside them.
>
> The question could be one of the follows?
>
> ?Is the prostgresql prepared to synchronize simultaneous accesses to oneself
> database among processes that  run in different PC's?
>
> or
>
> ?Was the postgresql database designed to allow simultaneous acceses of
> processes that run in different PC's allowing for own design the
> sincronizationof all the processes?

To clarify: do you mean

(1) multiple copies of *the*same*database* sitting on many machines,
and all of them synchronizing themselves?

   OR

(2) multiple application server machines all hitting a single database
sitting on a single database server machine?

| Ron Johnson, Jr.     mailto:ron.l.johnson@cox.net          |
| Jefferson, LA  USA   http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson  |
| "Basically, I got on the plane with a bomb. Basically, I   |
|  tried to ignite it. Basically, yeah, I intended to damage |
|  the plane."                                               |
|    RICHARD REID, who tried to blow up American Airlines    |
|                  Flight 63                                 |