Re: postgresql in cluster of servers

От Ron Johnson
Тема Re: postgresql in cluster of servers
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Wed, 2003-01-08 at 11:18, enediel wrote:
> Hello to all list members:
>
> I'm looking for information about using postgresql in a cluster of servers
> where all real servers share a unique databases location outside them.
>
> The question could be one of the follows?
>
> ?Is the prostgresql prepared to synchronize simultaneous accesses to oneself
> database among processes that  run in different PC's?
>
> or
>
> ?Was the postgresql database designed to allow simultaneous acceses of
> processes that run in different PC's allowing for own design the
> sincronizationof all the processes?

To clarify: do you mean

(1) multiple copies of *the*same*database* sitting on many machines,
and all of them synchronizing themselves?

   OR

(2) multiple application server machines all hitting a single database
sitting on a single database server machine?

| Ron Johnson, Jr.     mailto:ron.l.johnson@cox.net          |
| Jefferson, LA  USA   http://members.cox.net/ron.l.johnson  |
| "Basically, I got on the plane with a bomb. Basically, I   |
|  tried to ignite it. Basically, yeah, I intended to damage |
|  the plane."                                               |
|    RICHARD REID, who tried to blow up American Airlines    |
|                  Flight 63                                 |