Обсуждение: odbc on windows 2003 64bit?

odbc on windows 2003 64bit?

От
Дата:
hi list

much to my fright i noticed that pgODBC won't work on windows 2003 64bit
editions. when trying to use the same dsn as on a 32bit box, it just quits
with "Provider is not specified and there is no designated default
provider". when checking odbc manager in control pannel, it doesn't list
pgODBC.

as there does not seem to be a 64bit version of pgodbc (yet), is there a
workaround to get the 32bit version to work on the 64bit windows? if not,
what other options are there?

thanks,
thomas

Re: odbc on windows 2003 64bit?

От
Дата:
to answer my own question: you have to run iis/.net/asp in 32bit mode if you
want to access pgsql through odbc. to put iis into 32bit mode, use the
howto:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/WindowsServer2003/Library/IIS/405f5bb5-87a3-43d2-8138-54b75db73aa1.mspx?mfr=true

i still hope 64bit pgODBC isn't as far away as it was a year ago ;-)

- thomas

> much to my fright i noticed that pgODBC won't work on windows 2003 64bit
> editions. when trying to use the same dsn as on a 32bit box, it just quits
> with "Provider is not specified and there is no designated default
> provider". when checking odbc manager in control pannel, it doesn't list
> pgODBC.
>
> as there does not seem to be a 64bit version of pgodbc (yet), is there a
> workaround to get the 32bit version to work on the 64bit windows? if not,
> what other options are there?
>
> thanks,
> thomas

> TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend

Re: odbc on windows 2003 64bit?

От
"Hiroshi Saito"
Дата:
Hi

> to answer my own question: you have to run iis/.net/asp in 32bit mode if you want to access
> pgsql through odbc. to put iis into 32bit mode, use the howto:

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/WindowsServer2003/Library/IIS/405f5bb5-87a3-43d2-8138-54b75db73aa1.mspx?mfr=true

:-)

> i still hope 64bit pgODBC isn't as far away as it was a year ago ;-)
>
> - thomas

Inoue-san is under work by ODBC5 correspondence. They are some locals.
He seldom has the time of a margin by the reason of volunteer work.
However, He has the details of the correspondence for carrying out clear
understanding. He is simply no time truly.....
I spoke about a part of Inoue-san and this correspondence. He is doing
anticipation which can finish it in one month.
Furthermore, We are worried that the verification environment may not exist.
Then, I thought that I wanted to offer the environment by JPUG.
However, JPUG plans a budget for every year. And a plan has not been made
in the current fiscal year....

Anyhow, Inoue-san is under operation about the work.
That he does the guidance will take time to a slight degree.

Re: odbc on windows 2003 64bit?

От
Hiroshi Inoue
Дата:
me@alternize.com wrote:
> hi list
>
> much to my fright i noticed that pgODBC won't work on windows 2003 64bit
> editions. when trying to use the same dsn as on a 32bit box, it just
> quits with "Provider is not specified and there is no designated default
> provider". when checking odbc manager in control pannel, it doesn't list
> pgODBC.
>
> as there does not seem to be a 64bit version of pgodbc (yet), is there a
> workaround to get the 32bit version to work on the 64bit windows?

Today I had a chance to touch a 64bit machine and was able to
access PG database via MS Access on the machine.
I added several registry entries for 32bit env by hand and registered
a Datasource via control panel for 32bit.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue

Re: odbc on windows 2003 64bit?

От
Дата:
> Today I had a chance to touch a 64bit machine and was able to
> access PG database via MS Access on the machine.
> I added several registry entries for 32bit env by hand and registered
> a Datasource via control panel for 32bit.

the problem is: the driver is working for 32bit applications running on
windows 2k3 64bit, but native 64bit applications can't see the driver at
all.

regards,
thomas