Обсуждение: psqlOdbc Ansi + BDE issues

psqlOdbc Ansi + BDE issues

От
"Miguel Juan"
Дата:
Hi,

I'm testing the Ansi version of the psqlodbc-08.01.0100 and I have found a few isues.

If you open a table with the BDE SQL explorer, now it shows all the text fields (char, varchar and text), but for the TEXT type it show the contents as MEMO. This behavior could be changed in prior versions  unchecking the "Text as LongVarChar" option and checking the "Longest" option in the "Unknown Sizes" section.

Now, it can be fixed only changing the "Max LongVarchar" edit to 254. It looks like the driver it is not using the "longest" option in the configuration.

If you open the database schema with the sql explorer it does not show all the tables, and each table that it shows appears 6 times. It is easy to reproduce, because it happens with all the system tables.

Regards,

Miguel Juan

Re: psqlOdbc Ansi + BDE issues

От
"Dave Page"

From: pgsql-odbc-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-odbc-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Miguel Juan
Sent: 11 November 2005 12:56
To: pgsql-odbc@postgresql.org
Subject: [ODBC] psqlOdbc Ansi + BDE issues

Hi,

I'm testing the Ansi version of the psqlodbc-08.01.0100 and I have found a few isues.

If you open a table with the BDE SQL explorer, now it shows all the text fields (char, varchar and text), but for the TEXT type it show the contents as MEMO. This behavior could be changed in prior versions  unchecking the "Text as LongVarChar" option and checking the "Longest" option in the "Unknown Sizes" section.

Now, it can be fixed only changing the "Max LongVarchar" edit to 254. It looks like the driver it is not using the "longest" option in the configuration.

No - longest doesn't work anymore because there is no sensible way to figure it out with the libpq driver architecture. It was only ever there to support pre-6.4 servers that couldn't report the defined column width (see the config.htm doc for details).

That aside, shouldn't TEXT equate to MEMO anyway?

If you open the database schema with the sql explorer it does not show all the tables, and each table that it shows appears 6 times. It is easy to reproduce, because it happens with all the system tables.

Please try 08.01.0101.

Regards, Dave.

Re: psqlOdbc Ansi + BDE issues

От
"Merlin Moncure"

I'm testing the Ansi version of the psqlodbc-08.01.0100 and I have found a few isues.

If you open a table with the BDE SQL explorer, now it shows all the text fields (char, varchar and text), but for the TEXT type it show the contents as MEMO. This behavior could be changed in prior versions  unchecking the "Text as LongVarChar" option and checking the "Longest" option in the "Unknown Sizes" section.

Now, it can be fixed only changing the "Max LongVarchar" edit to 254. It looks like the driver it is not using the "longest" option in the configuration.

No - longest doesn't work anymore because there is no sensible way to figure it out with the libpq driver architecture. It was only ever there to support pre-6.4 servers that couldn't report the defined column width (see the config.htm doc for details).

That aside, shouldn't TEXT equate to MEMO anyway?

yes.  TMemoField only VCL type capable of handling unlimited length text fields.

Just:

  1. use TMemo instead of TEdit
  2. Find a replacement for TDBGrid (I use TopGrid)
  3.