Обсуждение: SQL_CHAR, SQL_INTEGER or SQL_BIT datatype problem

SQL_CHAR, SQL_INTEGER or SQL_BIT datatype problem

От
lothar.behrens@lollisoft.de (Lothar Behrens)
Дата:
Hi,

I have tried to install postgreSQL 8.0 on Windows 2000 and ran into problems,
when using my code to bind columns to memory. The code works fine, when used
with postgreSQL 7.x on a linux box and client on windows.

The code uses SQLDescribeCol(...) to get the datatype for the query.
And I use simple switch statement for my supported datatypes.

Are there any differences in these database versions ?

Thanks

Lothar

Re: SQL_CHAR, SQL_INTEGER or SQL_BIT datatype problem

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Lothar Behrens wrote:
> Are there any differences in these database versions ?

Plenty, but it's impossible to tell if they are relevant to your problem
if you don't give any details.

--
Peter Eisentraut

[SOLVED] Re: SQL_CHAR, SQL_INTEGER or SQL_BIT datatype problem

От
lothar.behrens@lollisoft.de
Дата:
Am 30 Mar 2005 um 20:16 hat Peter Eisentraut geschrieben:

> Lothar Behrens wrote:
> > Are there any differences in these database versions ?
>
> Plenty, but it's impossible to tell if they are relevant to your problem
> if you don't give any details.

Hi,

I have found the problem. I came into trouble with mixing psqlodbc.dll files.
My version on the german Windows 2000 works. But I have copied the wrong
psqlodbc.dll file - as a test - to my englisch installation.

The computer with the working one has also another windows installation.
The one who is working, is on drive D: and I have copied the file located on drive
C:

So there is something missing in that case: A version and built date or number in
the setup dialogs of the driver.

Lothar

Now I try to fix the problem on my Linux box :-)