Обсуждение: ODBC SQLSetPos Delete problem

ODBC SQLSetPos Delete problem

От
"Lothar Behrens"
Дата:
Hi,

some weeks I have asked about a possible bug in pSQLODBC driver.

Now I have downloaded the driver source to get a debug version
of the driver.

The problem occurs at the following code line (973) in statement.c:

Code area:

mylog("type = %d and valuepointer here is %p\n", type, value);

if (self->manual_result)    {
    value = QR_get_value_manual(res, self->currTuple, lf);
    mylog("manual_result\n");
} else if (SC_is_fetchcursor(self))
    value = QR_get_value_backend(res, lf);
else {
    int    curt = GIdx2ResultIdx(self->currTuple, self, res);
    value = QR_get_value_backend_row(res, curt, lf);
}

mylog("value = '%s'\n", (value == NULL) ? "<NULL>" : value); // CRASH

The pointer value is 0xdddddddd

As for the log messages now I see , that I have forgotten a reload
after the deletion and the driver may not save this state to avoid
such a crash.

I do not know where the pointer comes from, but see this as a hint:

Could this be used for buffer overruns ?

Hope to hear from you :-)

Lothar
---- My home: www.lollisoft.de -----------------------------
Lothar Behrens    | Independent:       lothar.behrens@gmx.de
Rosmarinstr 3     | My public project:
40235 Düsseldorf  |  http://sourceforge.net/projects/lbdmf
                  |  -> Need comments, please visit :-)

Re: ODBC SQLSetPos Delete problem

От
"Lothar Behrens"
Дата:
Hi,

it seems that I did not get any help. Now I also like to say, that
If I test a Sybase Power++ Developer application with simple db form,
I get a crash in the Postgres ODBC driver.

The form is created with the wizard and uses cursors.

The driver seems to delete the record, but moving to next/prev record
fails.

Who can help me ?

Do you like to have the source ?
You can dounload it.

I can try to debug the ODBC library, but I do not understand the full
source, so I need a little help.

Thanks

Lothar
---- My home: www.lollisoft.de -----------------------------