Обсуждение: ODBC version and Unicode

ODBC version and Unicode

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Dave,

in the release of 07.03.0209 you said that you consider ODBC version
0x0300 and Unicode on to be the only supported variant of the driver
from now on.  The Unix build still builds the 0x0250 and Unicode off
version by default.  I assume all this conditional code should be fixed
and removed?  The 0x0300 variant doesn't even build successfully
currently.

Re: ODBC version and Unicode

От
"Dave Page"

Hi Peter,

Yes, we've had the 0x0300 Unicode version as a beta for a few releases
now - it's had about as much exposure as it's gonna get without being
made the only supported version.

> The Unix build still
> builds the 0x0250 and Unicode off version by default. I
> assume all this conditional code should be fixed and removed?
>  The 0x0300 variant doesn't even build successfully currently.

Yes, I've been meaning to throw that one out to the list to see if one
of our recent volunteers wants to take a look at it (unless you
particularly want to do it?).

Regards, Dave.

Re: ODBC version and Unicode

От
Peter Eisentraut
Dave Page wrote:
> > The Unix build still
> > builds the 0x0250 and Unicode off version by default. I
> > assume all this conditional code should be fixed and removed?
> >  The 0x0300 variant doesn't even build successfully currently.
>
> Yes, I've been meaning to throw that one out to the list to see if
> one of our recent volunteers wants to take a look at it (unless you
> particularly want to do it?).

I've made Unicode and 0x0300 the default on Unix as well and fixed the
few compilation problems.  If there are no problems we can work on
untying all this conditional code a bit.

Are there any implications of having only a 0x0300 driver available?
For example, the JDBC people build various versions of the driver
because dfiferent run-time environments (versions of Java) require
different driver versions.  Are there ODBC driver managers that require
particular versions?

Re: ODBC version and Unicode

От
"Dave Page"

> Are there any implications of having only a 0x0300 driver available?
> For example, the JDBC people build various versions of the driver
> because dfiferent run-time environments (versions of Java) require
> different driver versions.  Are there ODBC driver managers that require
> particular versions?

None that I am aware of. Anyone else know of any?

Regards, Dave

ODBC driver discountinued ??

От
Simeó Reig
Дата:
Is odbc driver development discountinued ?? The last odbc driver is 9 months
later ....
Where's  Mr Inoue ??  He don't meet the project ??

Thanks !

Re: ODBC driver discountinued ??

От
Peter Eisentraut
Дата:
Am Mittwoch, 14. Juli 2004 14:01 schrieb Simeó Reig:
> Is odbc driver development discountinued ?? The last odbc driver is 9
> months later ....
> Where's  Mr Inoue ??  He don't meet the project ??

There has been (and continues to be) a temporary shortage of developers, but
we're hoping to pick up development and make a new release soon.

--
Peter Eisentraut