Re: ODBC version and Unicode

От Peter Eisentraut
Тема Re: ODBC version and Unicode
Дата
Список pgsql-odbc
Dave Page wrote:
> > The Unix build still
> > builds the 0x0250 and Unicode off version by default. I
> > assume all this conditional code should be fixed and removed?
> >  The 0x0300 variant doesn't even build successfully currently.
>
> Yes, I've been meaning to throw that one out to the list to see if
> one of our recent volunteers wants to take a look at it (unless you
> particularly want to do it?).

I've made Unicode and 0x0300 the default on Unix as well and fixed the
few compilation problems.  If there are no problems we can work on
untying all this conditional code a bit.

Are there any implications of having only a 0x0300 driver available?
For example, the JDBC people build various versions of the driver
because dfiferent run-time environments (versions of Java) require
different driver versions.  Are there ODBC driver managers that require
particular versions?