Обсуждение: INSERT but no UPDATE or DELETE from windows

INSERT but no UPDATE or DELETE from windows

От
Albert Cervera Areny
Дата:

Re: INSERT but no UPDATE or DELETE from windows

От
Richard Huxton
Дата:
On Wednesday 09 Jul 2003 2:25 pm, Albert Cervera Areny wrote:
> Hi,
>   I have Postgres 7.3.3 and ODBC driver 7.03.0100 and as the subject says,
> I can INSERT but can't UPDATE nor DELETE. I can also create new tables. The
> user has permision to do this as the psql \dp show the correct privileges
> and lets me UPDATE without problems using the same user as the ODBC driver.
>
>   I open the database as Dynaset (from VB and Visdata) but when I try to
> UPDATE or .Edit a record it says something like 'should use an updatable
> query' (translated from spanish).
>
>   The odbc connection is not, of course, read only.

Can you give us the options ticked/not in the odbc driver settings and the
options used when creating the cursor?

--
  Richard Huxton

Re: INSERT but no UPDATE or DELETE from windows

От
Albert Cervera Areny
Дата:

A Dimecres 09 Juliol 2003 22:39, Richard Huxton va escriure:
> On Wednesday 09 Jul 2003 2:25 pm, Albert Cervera Areny wrote:
> > Hi,
> >   I have Postgres 7.3.3 and ODBC driver 7.03.0100 and as the subject
> > says, I can INSERT but can't UPDATE nor DELETE. I can also create new
> > tables. The user has permision to do this as the psql \dp show the
> > correct privileges and lets me UPDATE without problems using the same
> > user as the ODBC driver.
> >
> >   I open the database as Dynaset (from VB and Visdata) but when I try to
> > UPDATE or .Edit a record it says something like 'should use an updatable
> > query' (translated from spanish).
> >
> >   The odbc connection is not, of course, read only.
>
> Can you give us the options ticked/not in the odbc driver settings and the
> options used when creating the cursor?

*** ODBC Driver: (C=Checked, U=Unchecked)
- ------Page 1------
C    Disable genetic optimizer
C    KSQO (Keyset Query Optimization)
C    Recognize unique indexes
U    Use declare/fetch

U    CommLog
U    Parse Statements
U    Cancel as freestmt (Exp)
U    Mylog

Unknown sizes: Maximum

C    Text as LongVarChar
U    Unknowns as LongVarChar
C    Bools as char

Max Varchar=254
Cache Size=100
Max LongVarChar=8190
Systable prefixes=dd_;

- ------Page 2------
U    Read only
U    Show system tables
C    LF<->CR/LF conversion
C    Updatable cursors
U    bytea as LO

U    Row versioning
U    Disallow premature
U    True is -1
U    Server side prepare

Int8 As Default

Protocol: 7.X,6.4+

U    Show columns

*** VB Example

    Dim dbT As Database
    Dim rsT As Recordset

      Set dbT = OpenDatabase("comunica", dbDriverNoPrompt,
False,"ODBC;DATABASE=comon;UID=comon;PWD=comon;DSN=Comunica")
     dbT.Execute "INSERT INTO articles VALUES(1,1,1,'BBB')"
    dbT.Execute "UPDATE articles SET unitats=300"
    dbT.Close

*** This example will crush when trying the update but will insert the record.
The same if I open a recordset (dynaset) and try to .AddNew or .Edit (the
latter will crush)

Re: INSERT but no UPDATE or DELETE from windows

От
Albert Cervera Areny
Дата: