Обсуждение: Postgresql/Cold Fusion cfinsert date problems

Postgresql/Cold Fusion cfinsert date problems

От
Paul Haddon
Дата:
I'm evaluating Postgresql on Linux as a database back end
to Cold Fusion on NT, and running into a problem with dates.

The test setup is: Cold Fusion 5 on Win2000; the latest
ODBC driver from odbc.postgresql.org; Postgresql 7 on Linux.

Cold Fusion has two methods of inserting records into the
database. The first is where you wrap a standard 'insert into...'
SQL command in a <cfquery..> tag. This is working correctly.

The second method takes defined form variables and inserts them
into a specified table. Essentially it is building the SQL command for you.
eg: <cfinsert datasource="postgresql" tablename="test_table" formfields="fielda, fieldb">

The problem with this method is that the date that ends up in date
fields in the table is always the servers date, regardless of what
information is placed into the form field, and in what format.

Is this a Cold Fusion oddity; is there some setting in Cold Fusion
or the odbc driver I can modify; is there a way of formatting date
variables to get around the problem? Or do I look at not using
the cfinsert method altogether?

Thanks

Paul Haddon
Technical Services Manager
Hartingdale Internet

Re: Postgresql/Cold Fusion cfinsert date problems

Дата:
Paul Haddon <paullist@mail.hartingdale.com.au> writes:
> The problem with this method is that the date that ends up in date
> fields in the table is always the servers date, regardless of what
> information is placed into the form field, and in what format.

I don't know anything about Cold Fusion, but a good way to investigate
what's going on would be to run the system with query tracing enabled
(for an ODBC client, probably the only convenient way to do this is to
start the postmaster with -d2, or the equivalent setting in
postgresql.conf).  Then you could see exactly what queries are being
issued by CF, which might give a clue what the problem is.

            regards, tom lane

RE: Postgresql/Cold Fusion cfinsert date problems

От
Jeff Eckermann
Дата:
Is this a formatting issue, or are you actually getting different dates from
the ones that you are entering?
If the issue is presentation/formatting, just use a function to get the look
you want:

http://postgresql.planetmirror.com/users-lounge/docs/7.1/postgres/functions-
formatting.html

If the dates are actually being altered, there are basically two
possibilities:
1. You have set up some constraint or trigger which is producing this
unwanted result as a side effect, or:
2. Your cold fusion app is doing it.

If you suspect 1 above, just post your table and/or trigger definitions and
someone will enlighten you.
If 2: someone who knows about cold fusion will need to answer.

Cedar Cox
Дата:
On that note, where are the debug (-d) levels documented?  I couldn't find
it..  I had "query=4" in pg_options for v7.0.2.  What would that be in
v7.1?

Thanks,
-Cedar

On Tue, 3 Jul 2001, Tom Lane wrote:

> Paul Haddon <paullist@mail.hartingdale.com.au> writes:
> > The problem with this method is that the date that ends up in date
> > fields in the table is always the servers date, regardless of what
> > information is placed into the form field, and in what format.
>
> I don't know anything about Cold Fusion, but a good way to investigate
> what's going on would be to run the system with query tracing enabled
> (for an ODBC client, probably the only convenient way to do this is to
> start the postmaster with -d2, or the equivalent setting in
> postgresql.conf).  Then you could see exactly what queries are being
> issued by CF, which might give a clue what the problem is.
>
>             regards, tom lane

> TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster

Re: Postgresql/Cold Fusion cfinsert date problems

От
Paul Haddon
Дата:
On Tue, Jul 03, 2001 at 09:20:30AM -0500, Jeff Eckermann wrote:

> Is this a formatting issue, or are you actually getting different dates from
> the ones that you are entering?

I've tried using the date format functions of CF, and I've tried creating
strings such as '2001-02-17'. Nothing makes a difference.

Looking at the ODBC log, specified in the ODBC data source, shows that
the ODBC driver is passing Postgresql the string 'YYYY-MM-DD', with the
numbers being that of todays date.

> 2. Your cold fusion app is doing it.

Possibly. I'll try and check it through the CF support areas.